Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would you do?

Soooo long story short...or maybe just long story long?
Scores Jan 2018:
EX, TU and EQ: all 550 to 590

In Jan my BK fell off all 3 bureaus and I was left with the just 3 collection accounts on all 3 bureaus. I had no liens/PR's/judgements. No open accounts and the only closed accounts I had were 2 credit cards (about 5 yrs old) that had always been paid on time (shows as "closed at consumer request") No installments. Needless to say my report is pretty empty.

Woke up one morning to an alert from Credit Karma and lo and behold my Equifax score overnight jumped from 500's to literally 700. I realized it was because I had disputed ALL 3 collection accounts on EQ and they were removed successfully!!!!

I jumped for joy and then paused when I started to realize....the collection accounts were still on my EX and TU reports and those scores were still in the 500's. (Im in process of disputing the collections for removal on TU and EX )

So, now with my new 700 equifax score, I applied for and was denied even by FINGERHUT  (got a "freshstart" acct though) but as of last week I am reporting a $63 installment loan from them for the FreshStarr (no payment history yet). I was also approved for a $300 CapOne unsecured card last week.

Lastly, I have an account at experian.com and for my last 12 monthly reports it says "no score" but as SOON as the Fingerhut acct hit my report, suddenly Experian was displaying a score for me...

Heres my problem - I am trying to take out a personal loan or credit card with 10k limit so I applied to PenFed - having researched that they pull from Equifax - but I was denied because when they pulled my EQ report the loan officer said "you have no score and no credit history". She could not even see my CLOSED accounts, nor any kind of score---Weird because even on Equifax.com they have me as a 703 score.

My questions:
What is my best bet as far as getting any kind of personal loan or high limit credit card at this moment?(given I have no actual history that is reporting)
Is this an Equifax error or do I truly just not have an actual FICO score? How long will it take for a FICO score to generate?
If it is unlikely I am going to have enough credit history to obtain credit in the next 30 days, what course of action would you pro's set me on to achieve the best credit profile in the shortest amount of time?

Thank you so much! Even reading all these posts has helped immensely.

3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What would you do?

Did you get a formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation from EQ, and if so, what was the information that was asserted to be inaccurate, and what specifically was the finding in the Notice?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure I understand your question - are you referring to the Collection Accounts or to the denial from PenFed?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just wait. let everything report and settle down for a few months then look into hitting your credit again. I doubt you will be able to get a 10k loan with only one open line for 300.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.