Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What you talking bout Credit Karma

tag
DR527
Regular Contributor

What you talking bout Credit Karma

SO I have been doing the goodwill letter thing again. Trying to get some more baddies off of my report. I wrote to some of my account holders asking for the late payments to be forgiving. Today I received a email from Credit Karma saying that 9 late payment have fallen off of my report?!?!? That's ALL of my late's?!?!?!Smiley Happy No change to my FICO score. Not sure what to make of this. I'm excited but I want to see it on my report first. What are the odds everyone said OK? Very curious to see what happens now.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: What you talking bout Credit Karma

I would say chances of winning the lottery type odds, what sort of lates were they and how old?

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 12
DR527
Regular Contributor

Amazon Store Card:  2/30 day late,  1/60 day late.    Last late payment August 2016

Capital One: 3/30 day late,  3/60 day late.      Last late payment March 2018 

Message 3 of 12
DR527
Regular Contributor

As I was written that I thought about everyone who I sent a good will letter to. I have 3 charge off's that I sent letters to as will. It could be one of them that removed their account from my TL? Which might be even better to get a CO removed. We'll see if credit karma is truthful here shortly I guess?

Message 4 of 12
Civil
Regular Contributor

CK said I had 0 late payments when my Fico was showing 4, so definitely wait for Fico to update

Message 5 of 12
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

The only information that Credit Karma has is what is they pull from the credit reporting agencies. It is not a matter of whether or not they are being "truthful". They can only report on information that they have....Credit Karma has zero control as to whether late payments fall of of your credit reports or not...

Message 6 of 12
DR527
Regular Contributor

I meant truthful as in don't get my hopes up. But I'll take either.

Message 7 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

CK's score may suck. But at times they beat the FICO world. So here hoping for success. But the creditors may have placed a dispute and the CRA's will remove those disputed items until the investigation is over. And then they pop back up. So its a see saw situation. The thrill of victory or the agony of defeat. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 12
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Many MF'ers would love to hear from someone who successfully had them remove late payments. So... while I'm incredulous that it happened, I'm crossing my fingers for you!

If Capital One did remove the lates, pleae PM me the addresses you sent to because maybe you found a winning one!

Message 9 of 12
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

I really hope that all of your lates have been wiped, that would be an amazing win for us average types. Please update this thread when you find out for sure.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.