cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does Child Support Tradeline Drop Off?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When Does Child Support Tradeline Drop Off?

Smallfry:

After reading your detailed post, my first impression is this is not a baddie...believe it or not. I need to read over again with my magnifying glass to be sure.
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only suggestion I can offer is getting a statement from child support agency stating that your child support was never in arrears and is not currently in arrears and send a copy along with a copy of your state statutes that says it will only be report if in arrears to the CRA.

Either that or take your CR to your child support agent that you deal with and ask them to submit something to EQ to have the account removed.

ETA:

Look on your report under the "Creditor" section, it is supposed to list the ppl who is reporting information on your CR along with contact information.

You may try calling the CRA and asking who is reporting it.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-30-2008 12:11 AM
Message 22 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I just googled nj child support reporting to credit bureaus and it does state that it may be reported if the payor is in arrears of $1000. Also states that if it is being reported in error it is their responsibility to have it removed. I might take a deep breath and go in this afternoon with the Equifax report and see if they will take steps to remove it. Thanks all.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEST, BEST, BEST luck to you!!!

FWIW your situation is a bit ironic... you are NOT in arrears, yet it IS reporting on you. My ex IS in arrears to the tune of $15K and he's NOT being reported.

At the risk of being nosy ... what is your relationship with your ex? Friendly? Acrimonious? I ask because: could it be that she's talking to SOMEONE and keeping the pressure on your case?

I was given that "option" years ago and I declined -- it just didn't seem fair. For all intents and purposes, he's doing the best he can and to (basically) hijack his ability to get a good job, credit, etc, just didn't seem like the right thing to do. But that's just me. :/

Again, please excuse me if I'm being offensive!!!!!

*crossing fingers for you!!*

Hope you'll report back!! Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

The monthly payment amount is being reported on the Credit Summary page on the EQ Credit Watch page as a monthly payment. This is seriously skewing my DTI. The monthly report scheduled payment is $4390. While this is in the ballpark it is not correct. It appears to be reporting more like a charge card where the limit is not reported but the usage while 0 is. Very strange.

Message Edited by smallfry on 05-31-2008 08:39 AM
Message 25 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

After checking all three bureaus websites for drop off info it seems the only one to give any info was TU. Judgments such as child support drop 7 years after the opening date. I wonder if this applies in my situation since the tradeline is not listed as either a judgment or a public record on the report. Sorry to be a PITA. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
After checking all three bureaus websites for drop off info it seems the only one to give any info was TU. Judgments such as child support drop 7 years after the opening date. I wonder if this applies in my situation since the tradeline is not listed as either a judgment or a public record on the report. Sorry to be a PITA. Smiley Happy

If it is being reported as an active, open, postive TL, I would assume that it would remain as long as it is open.

That is how all the other TL remain.
Message 27 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

If it is being reported as an active, open, postive TL, I would assume that it would remain as long as it is open.
That is how all the other TL remain.

Sidewinder unfortunately you might be correct. I drudged up an old Equifax Score Watch report from before I disputed this tradeline and it is included under accounts in good standing. Since it does not update monthly I guess I am stuck with it until at least May 2015. Jeez. Smiley Sad
Message 28 of 29
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I just got off the phone with EQ. Account was opened in May 2005 it will fall off May 2015. Disputed the account last year as not mine came back verified. Disputed the scheduled payment amount this time. 45 days. We'll see if the original amount comes back verified. Probably will. Problem with the tradeline is it appears I owe $4390 every month on top of my other monthly bills which might prove a little problem when it comes time for a mortgage. CSR said if I could get documents from the State House stating the line shouldn't exist they would remove it. I'll do that next. Maybe.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.