Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When You Send A DV Letter...

tag
BetterTomorrow
New Contributor

When You Send A DV Letter...

Is it still valid if you only have the last 4 digits of the account number if you include your name and address? If not, how do you obtain the full account number since your credit reports do not provide the full account number?
4/22/08
TU 673 EQ 631 EX 689

7/1/12
TU 705 EQ 717 EX 718
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When You Send A DV Letter...

BetterTomorrow wrote:
Is it still valid if you only have the last 4 digits of the account number if you include your name and address? If not, how do you obtain the full account number since your credit reports do not provide the full account number?

You can call the CRA and get the full account number. But, the partial account number and your name should be sufficient.
Message 2 of 3
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Re: When You Send A DV Letter...

BetterTomorrow wrote:

Early on, I was advised to state only facts found on a credit report and send only the information found on my credit report that contained the information for the specific creditor.  For example: *****8905, Last Name, First Name.  Include your address in the heading of your DV letter and you've just given all the information necessary to locate your records, if they exist.

Sending to the OC?  They will have the original account number in their records.  Sending to a CA?  Only send them the CA account number found on your credit report.  Giving more is like handing an enemy ammunition.

Because I'm paranoid like that, I don't send my SS# to anyone.  Ditto for my telephone number. 

atlast.....type O- (grin)   

Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.