Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and what credit card to add.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When and what credit card to add.

You have the cash back card with Quicksilver...

...what do you fancy next?  Rewards points?  low APR is still in the distance of the race, but Balance transfer, some flyer miles (i'm thinking credit unions)  are there with a good promo.

IMO IF YOU WANT another card, surf Capital One's deck, if something looks useable to you, then try prequal. They like you right now.

Discover's Pre Qual is garbage. My dog prequalified. 

There's always Credit Unions too.

Typing sleepy.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice on here! I pulled the trigger on a capital one platinum and was APPROVED! For a healthy limit! Thanks again. Any ideas on what type of score increase I may see ?
Message 12 of 14
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, if they approve you once they will approve a second card. Yes, it will help your scores grow faster.

lol unless you're me, apparently. I got approved just over a month ago for the Platinum ($500 limit) and they absolutely will not approve me for the QS1 right now. I've turned it into a challenge, at this point. I will have a QS1 someday! Smiley Tongue

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Cards: Capital One Secured $300, Capital One Platinum $500..."

^^^^                                             ^^^^^

There's the reason. You already have two Open Cap One accounts. You won't be able to open a QS1 account (or any other cap one account thats for "average credit") until you close the Secured account.

Read this disclosure about halfway down under "
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES & TERMS AND CONDITIONSis where you'll find the 2 account limit.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.