Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can CA'S call your phone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When can CA'S call your phone?

I think that i have read before that CA's have certain times that they are allowed to call.  Is this true and if so what are the hours and can they call anyday of the week?  I am sure M-F and sat what about Sunday?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When can CA'S call your phone?

If you know of where I can look to find this out.  I know I have read about it before I can not find anything in here when I search for it.

Message 2 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

FDCPA 805(a)(1):

(a) COMMUNICATION WITH THE CONSUMER GENERALLY. Without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, a debt collector may not communicate with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt—

(1) at any unusual time or place or a time or place known or which should be known to be inconvenient to the consumer. In the absence of knowledge of circumstances to the contrary, a debt collector shall assume that the convenient time for communicating with a consumer is after 8 o’clock antimeridian and before 9 o’clock postmeridian, local time at the consumer’s location;

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

FDCPA 805(a)(1):

(a) COMMUNICATION WITH THE CONSUMER GENERALLY. Without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, a debt collector may not communicate with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt—

(1) at any unusual time or place or a time or place known or which should be known to be inconvenient to the consumer. In the absence of knowledge of circumstances to the contrary, a debt collector shall assume that the convenient time for communicating with a consumer is after 8 o’clock antimeridian and before 9 o’clock postmeridian, local time at the consumer’s location;

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

+1 

Message 4 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

i agree with the above responses.

I would just add that you can block all future communications by simply sending them a letter under FDCPA 805(c), advising them that they are to cease all further communication with you.

Message 5 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

i agree with the above responses.

I would just add that you can block all future communications by simply sending them a letter under FDCPA 805(c), advising them that they are to cease all further communication with you.

Good point Robert. I left that very important piece of information out.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 6 of 16
SeanAndrews
Regular Contributor

Can you send them a letter asking them to cease telephone communication with you, is that within your legal boundaries? I see alot on these boards that you are not supposed to talk to them on the phone, just in writing.

Message 7 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@SeanAndrews wrote:

Can you send them a letter asking them to cease telephone communication with you, is that within your legal boundaries? I see alot on these boards that you are not supposed to talk to them on the phone, just in writing.

Yes you can. In fact this request must be in writing. You can't simply tell them over the phone to stop calling.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 16
SeanAndrews
Regular Contributor

Is it OK to send that notification in your initial DV letter? Otherwise you would have to quickly follow up with that letter as soon as they reply to your DV, otherwise they will go on their phone calling spree.

Message 9 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@SeanAndrews wrote:

Is it OK to send that notification in your initial DV letter? Otherwise you would have to quickly follow up with that letter as soon as they reply to your DV, otherwise they will go on their phone calling spree.

I could be wrong but I believe that is perfectly acceptable.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.