cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did u know it was time to fix your bad credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When did u know it was time to fix your bad credit?

Buying a car at a buy here/pay here place, and seeing just what we were paying compared to what we were getting. 

And having the finance woman at that dealership tell me, "With a little work, your credit could improve a lot." 

So I started reading here, made a plan and got to it. 

Message 11 of 40
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Nothing as bad as other members, but I got tired of buying cars that had to be repeatedly repaired. And didn't have the credit to get a dependable vehicle.
Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I wanted to go to culinary arts school and fulfill my dream and could not get a student loan to cover the cost Smiley Sad 

Message 13 of 40
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Getting declined for a new lease when my husband and I decided it was time to get a bigger place for our family. It also bothers me when Im not eligible for lower interest rates because up until about 2014, my credit was doing well. Life happened and I am now rebuilding but I know I will get back to a place where I will be comfortable. I'm  wiser because of mistakes I've made.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 14 of 40
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Not being able to get a credit card with an adults limit - now my goal is to get my score high enough for a cosolidation loan and wipe it out and start from scratch.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 15 of 40
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

At least they have information i wish i knew this Forum years ago. I might have been in a better position. But at least im not making the same decisions as i used to

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I pulled my real FICO'S thinking that everyone I stiffed was most likely all gone or they never reported me.

Seeing my scores in the low 400's. Multiple unpaid chargeoffs and collections, repo's, three judgements (good for 20 years here in Massachusetts), utility company chargeoffs, insurance collections, multiple 90 & 120 lates.

Saw this and decided to grow up at 50 years old. Repaired and paid everything. Just me and reading this forum. Today, completely clean files.

Hard work getting everything paid and then deleted. Took 3 months off from work and literally spent hours upon hours everyday until I got rid of the very last baddie.

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@donny10 - did I understand correctly: did you get all your baddies (COs, judgments, lates, etc)  removed by dedicating 3 months to the cause?  

Message 18 of 40
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Elim is the tax lien still reporting?
Message 19 of 40
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

When I needed a car and my score was 480, had to just buy what I could pay cash for and was so embarrassed as my friends were like " why can't you just buy a new car". I was a nurse in a management position making great money
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.