Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do baddies come of credit report

tag
praise123
Contributor

When do baddies come of credit report

Do badies come off 7 years after last delinquency reported or 7 years from the time the account opened. So, If I had a badie on my account from 2000 and paid it in 2008 when will it come off the report 2007 or 2015
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: When do baddies come of credit report

@praise123 wrote:
Do badies come off 7 years after last delinquency reported or 7 years from the time the account opened. So, If I had a badie on my account from 2000 and paid it in 2008 when will it come off the report 2007 or 2015

It depends on the type of baddie ~ late payments drop at 7 years from the time they occurred.   Charge offs and collections drop at 7.5 years from the date of first delinquency ( DOFD ) of the original account.    Judgements drop 7 years from the date they are issued.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@praise123 wrote:

It depends on the type of baddie ~ late payments drop at 7 years from the time they occurred.   Charge offs and collections drop at 7.5 years from the date of first delinquency ( DOFD ) of the original account.    Judgement drop 7 years from the date they are issued.

+1

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@praise123 wrote:

It depends on the type of baddie ~ late payments drop at 7 years from the time they occurred.   Charge offs and collections drop at 7.5 years from the date of first delinquency ( DOFD ) of the original account.    Judgements drop 7 years from the date they are issued.

What if you have a late payment that goes 30, 60, 90, 120 days late and then account is charged off?  Does the baddie drop off 7 years from the first late payment of 30 days or does it start at at the charge off date for 7.5 years?  If it is the latter then that means the baddie can technically stay on for almost 8 years...ouch!  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Rhaeny wrote:

What if you have a late payment that goes 30, 60, 90, 120 days late and then account is charged off?  Does the baddie drop off 7 years from the first late payment of 30 days or does it start at at the charge off date for 7.5 years?  If it is the latter then that means the baddie can technically stay on for almost 8 years...ouch!  

Each late payment will drop off at 7 years from it's individual date of delinquency. The CO can report for up to 7.5 years from the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) on the OC account that led to the CO.

So yes from beginning to end if all the negatives don't drop off early then you are looking at close to 8 years of negative reporting unfortunately. I can't believe I wrote that. It's late and I've had a hard day  LOL.  The 7.5 years for the CO would start at the same date as the first 30 day late. So I was absolutely wrong on what I said. Sorry!!

Message 5 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Each late payment will drop off at 7 years from it's individual date of delinquency. The CO can report for up to 7.5 years from the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) on the OC account that led to the CO.

So yes from beginning to end if all the negatives don't drop off early then you are looking at close to 8 years of negative reporting unfortunately.

Oh wow...that is really bad.  I guess for anyone in that situation it's best to go for deletion of the account by finding something wrong in the reporting and disputing?  Otherwise they just have to wait it out and know that the older it gets the less impact it will have.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Rhaeny wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

So yes from beginning to end if all the negatives don't drop off early then you are looking at close to 8 years of negative reporting unfortunately.

Oh wow...that is really bad.  I guess for anyone in that situation it's best to go for deletion of the account by finding something wrong in the reporting and disputing?  Otherwise they just have to wait it out and know that the older it gets the less impact it will have.

In case you didn't see the edit of my last post here it is again:

So yes from beginning to end if all the negatives don't drop off early then you are looking at close to 8 years of negative reporting unfortunately. I can't believe I wrote that. It's late and I've had a hard day LOL. The 7.5 years for the CO would start at the same date as the first 30 day late. So I was absolutely wrong on what I said. Sorry!!

Message 7 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

In case you didn't see the edit of my last post here it is again:

So yes from beginning to end if all the negatives don't drop off early then you are looking at close to 8 years of negative reporting unfortunately. I can't believe I wrote that. It's late and I've had a hard day LOL. The 7.5 years for the CO would start at the same date as the first 30 day late. So I was absolutely wrong on what I said. Sorry!!

LOL!! No problem, at least you caught it.  Thanks for clearing that up Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

Sorry for cutting in, but how can you find out when was the DOFD of the original account.? Thanks in advance

Note: In the TU or EQ credit report that I get from this site does not have it.

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Message 9 of 15
JonRun
Regular Contributor

You can pull all 3 reports from annualcreditreport.com, once a year for free I believe.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.