cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a CO/Collection usually fall off after 7 years?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does a CO/Collection usually fall off after 7 years?

Hello everyone! Smiley Happy 

I have a CO/Collection account that is due to fall off this year. According to my annual report, the CO account is due to fall off 2/2020 and the Collection 4/2020 (same account). My questions is, do these typically fall off at the beginning of the month or towards the end of the month. I tried to call the CRA's for EE, but no one had any idea what I was talking about. If these are going to fall off at the beginning of the month's then I'll just wait since I have no credit seeking behavior at the moment until the summer when all my negs/derogs are off of my report. 

Any help/input is appreciated! 

11 REPLIES 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: When does a CO/Collection usually fall off after 7 years?

I think it varies by bureau, not sure which do what exactly. I believe EX does it on the first.

As far as EE, you need to escalate to a supervisor when you call. Regular front-line CSRs won't know what you're talking about.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
I think it varies by bureau, not sure which do what exactly. I believe EX does it on the first.

Gotcha. I wish they all did it on the 1st, cause that would be great! Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I know they typically show off a month or so after so if it was due to fall off in March for example you can typically expect to see them off starting in April but some B's are snails and it can take a few months 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you search this forum for "Early Exclusion" you will find many succesfully executed EEs (including my own).

From memory I believe it is TU removes 6 months early; EX 3 months; and EQ 1 month (although they can be squirrely). The best procedure for each can be found in the EE threads. 

Good luck. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

I know they typically show off a month or so after so if it was due to fall off in March for example you can typically expect to see them off starting in April but some B's are snails and it can take a few months 

Boo! Smiley Sad So that means it can take up to the end of March for it to start reflecting on my CR. I mean...I guess I don't mind waiting, I'm just really anxious since these are the last of the negative items on my report and I'm excited to see what my new score is going to be. Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

2/5/2020 ***UPDATE*** 

EQ has removed my 7 year CO account from my credit report, however it is still showing on EX and TU. Will these fall off this month too by themselves or will I have to call the CRA's to have them removed???

Message 7 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Message 8 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Dispute them and they will likely delete given how close you are 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:

Dispute them and they will likely delete given how close you are 

Okay — Do I use the "this is too old to be on my credit report" reason? Is there anything else I should add to the disputes? 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.