cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is my True Dofd?

tag
Gsauce806

When is my True Dofd?

Im confused because i know my last payment was 11/15/1999 and i never Paid again to bring it back to date or start the process over.The
account was removed from equifax in sept 2016, But still remains on experian and transunion...The transunion only says last date of payment was 11/15/1999 and the account date last active was 09/12/2016.. Experian does has last active date last month.. so i dont know the date of delinquency .

TransUnion                                                        Experian                                          Equifax
Account #:                                                   AZ770****                                                        AZ770****
Account Type:                                             Installment                                                        Installment
Account Type - Detail: 
Bureau Code:                                               Individual                                                          Individual
Account Status:                                          Derogatory                                                        Derogatory
Monthly Payment:                                      $0.00                                                                  $0.00
Date Opened:                                              10/05/1994                                                       10/01/1994
Balance:                                                       $4,170.00                                                           $4,170.00
No. of Months (terms):                                                                                                           0 1
High Credit:                                                  $0.00                                                                  $0.00
Credit Limit:                                                 $0.00                                                                   $0.00
Past Due:                                                      $4,170.00                                                           $4,170.00
Payment Status:                                          Collection/Chargeoff                                        Collection/Chargeoff
Last Reported:                                             10/11/2021                                                        10/11/2021
Comments:
                                                                       Collection Account                                            Account seriously past due
                                                                       Placed for collection                                         date/account assigned to

attorney, collection agency, or
                                                                                                                                                     credit grantor's internal 
                                                                                                                                                     **CONSUMER STATEMENT** Y                                                                                                                                                                                                    ITEM DISPUTED BY 
                                                                                                                                                      CONSUMER

Date Last Active:                                         09/12/2016                                                         10/01/2021                                                                               

Date of Last Payment:                               11/15/1999 -                                                          

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: When is my True Dofd?

@Gsauce806 wrote:

Im confused because i know my last payment was 11/15/1999 and i never Paid again to bring it back to date or start the process over.The
account was removed from equifax in sept 2016, But still remains on experian and transunion...The transunion only says last date of payment was 11/15/1999 and the account date last active was 09/12/2016.. Experian does has last active date last month.. so i dont know the date of delinquency .

TransUnion                                                        Experian                                          Equifax
Account #:                                                   AZ770****                                                        AZ770****
Account Type:                                             Installment                                                        Installment
Account Type - Detail: 
Bureau Code:                                               Individual                                                          Individual
Account Status:                                          Derogatory                                                        Derogatory
Monthly Payment:                                      $0.00                                                                  $0.00
Date Opened:                                              10/05/1994                                                       10/01/1994
Balance:                                                       $4,170.00                                                           $4,170.00
No. of Months (terms):                                                                                                           0 1
High Credit:                                                  $0.00                                                                  $0.00
Credit Limit:                                                 $0.00                                                                   $0.00
Past Due:                                                      $4,170.00                                                           $4,170.00
Payment Status:                                          Collection/Chargeoff                                        Collection/Chargeoff
Last Reported:                                             10/11/2021                                                        10/11/2021
Comments:
                                                                       Collection Account                                            Account seriously past due
                                                                       Placed for collection                                         date/account assigned to

attorney, collection agency, or
                                                                                                                                                     credit grantor's internal 
                                                                                                                                                     **CONSUMER STATEMENT** Y                                                                                                                                                                                                    ITEM DISPUTED BY 
                                                                                                                                                      CONSUMER

Date Last Active:                                         09/12/2016                                                         10/01/2021                                                                               

Date of Last Payment:                               11/15/1999 -                                                          

This is a student loan? 

Message 2 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

All those dates dont mean much. You need to look at the individual month chart and see when was the first 30 day late that then led to CO status. 7yrs 180 days after that.

Message 3 of 16
Gsauce806

no not a student loan

Message 4 of 16
Gsauce806

how can i go all the way back to 2000 when i remember it was in collections i dont know to go that far back

Message 5 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Gsauce806 wrote:

how can i go all the way back to 2000 when i remember it was in collections i dont know to go that far back

There's no way to do it online. I don't know if maybe you can call the bureaus and ask for an old report from them. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 16
thornback
Senior Contributor

Your full reports will provide either the DOFD or Expected Date of Removal.   You can either order your paper reports from each credit bureau and have them mailed to you or you can go to annualcreditreport.com and retreive them online (it's free) -- these will be more comprehensive than the typical online reports and should provide a bit more insight into this account.

The type of account may be a factor - which is why the question of whether it was a student loan was asked as they (federal loans) can remain on reports beyond the 7 year mark if left unpaid.   What type of account is it?  If it's the standard credit card or loan (personal, mtg, auto, etc.) and it's beyond the 7 year mark from the DOFD, then you should dispute it with each bureau as too old to be reported.  But I suggest you view your full reports first to be sure before going the dispute route.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 7 of 16
Gsauce806

Hello and thank you ...I figured why they asked what type of account but i dont know i never borrowed money for school ,,, im dont know its not my debt i disputed and it came back verified

Message 8 of 16
Gsauce806

at this point i was just trying to fight 7 years since they said last payment was 1999 i dont know they said 1999

Message 9 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Gsauce806 wrote:

Hello and thank you ...I figured why they asked what type of account but i dont know i never borrowed money for school ,,, im dont know its not my debt i disputed and it came back verified

You stated in your first post you were paying till 1999. Now your saying you never borrowed money for school? Little confusing. You cut off who the creditor is in your first post. Who is the creditor in questions name?

PS. If you want to answer a certain poster. Click on reply to the post you want to answer. Top right click "Quote". Then type your responce.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.