Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“When should I make my payment?”

tag
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

“When should I make my payment?”

When asking one of my credit card accounts, “When does my statement cut?” This is the answer I received:

“Just to give more information on statements. Your billing cycle ends at the end of the month. Your first payment is due on the last day of the month after your first statement.”

With that information, when should I make my payment?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: “When should I make my payment?”

@texasguppie wrote:
When asking one of my credit card accounts, “When does my statement cut?” This is the answer I received:

“Just to give more information on statements. Your billing cycle ends at the end of the month. Your first payment is due on the last day of the month after your first statement.”

With that information, when should I make my payment?

When your statement cuts it will give you a due date, I don't really understand the question? 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 5
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Trying to follow the AZEO strategy.
Message 3 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Depending on how many card with balances you have, pay them all BEFORE the statement cut date and then leave one with a "small" balance and let that report on statement.

That should do the AZEO trick.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 5
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

If you're not sure what day the statement will cut then make your payment on the due date and wait a couple of days before using your card again until your statement becomes available. You'll have a pretty good idea, after that, how long after your due date you will have to pay your card to avoid carrying a balance on it .. or whatever balance you're trying to report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.