Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to RECON

tag
KingJaffeJo
New Contributor

When to RECON

How soon do you recon after you receive the automatic decline on the web? The day after or is it after you receive the letter in the mail?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: When to RECON

Depends on the bank. Some will let you recon immediately because they have access to that info, or they'll HP you again on the spot so they don't care about the reasons for denial. Others will require you to wait for the letter. Then there are banks like cap1 and discover that are pretty much automated and you can't recon at all.

Who'd you get denied by?

Message 2 of 10
KingJaffeJo
New Contributor

PNC. I’ve had a bank acct with them for 3+ yrs so I applied for a cash rewards card since I rcv’d a mailer. Current exp score is 684
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disclaimer: I’ve never had to recon anything.

That said, I’d wait for the letter first and see what denial reasons they list. First, you’ll have a better idea if they can be explained to their satisfaction. Secondly, you can decide if risking another HP is worth the gamble should they want to pull your report again.

PNC seems to be very relationship influenced, and banking with them is a plus. That said, your score indicates you may have some negative info on your reports or your file is really thin/new. Have you had any NSF issues with PNC in the past? I’d wait to see what they don’t like before doing a recon.
Message 4 of 10
KingJaffeJo
New Contributor

Nope. No issues with them at all. Have been in good standings with them since the beginning. I do have some a few charge offs from other CC’s dating back to 2014. I currently have 2 cc’s that are open. Cap1 World MC in good standing and a tires plus card that I don’t even use.
Message 5 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

You should still use your Tires Plus card here and there even if it's 5 dollars (well depending on Limit) to keep it active and so you also don't risk a CLD but that is odd I would say call immediately but I don't bank with PNC but if I had a small CL (for example with my HD card) I called right away and they raised my limit and I know some places will actually tell you just wait for your letter but you can always call right away and ask if they say you can go ahead and recon then you can shoot your best shot but if they say it's out of their hands and to wait on mail then wait 6 months minimum and try again.   :/       It's hard to say without knowing exactly why they said no go 

Message 6 of 10
KingJaffeJo
New Contributor

So I just reached out to PNC. They denied me due to the past delinquencies showing on my EXP report. Sucks but it is what it is. I tried to see if they could do anything to reconsider and she was adamant abt pulling my report to review those delinquencies. She basically said to kick rocks. Smh
Message 7 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Were the CO's still reporting a balance? If they were PIF and 0 balance that might have looked better. If they show a balance that goes against your aggregate util and you lose points depending on the %.

Message 8 of 10
KingJaffeJo
New Contributor

Yes. They still have balances on them
Message 9 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The best advise is take care of the past so the future will be easier to get what you want. Set up payment plans to pay off those CO's so they quit reporting. Settled or paid is a whole lot better than owed. Once thats done and your score rebounds some. Then maybe you'd have a better chance. Some banks see you have charge offs and wonder if you get sued can they still pay us at the same time. Make sense?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.