Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Experian delete old accounts?

tag
lucknpat
Contributor

When will Experian delete old accounts?

At the end of the year I asked for early exclusion for a charge off and collection with Experian. These were on the record until this month, January. But these weren't deleted by Experian. My question is, when do they remove accounts that are due to fall off? Do they wait until the end of the month?

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: When will Experian delete old accounts?

@lucknpat wrote:

At the end of the year I asked for early exclusion for a charge off and collection with Experian. These were on the record until this month, January. But these weren't deleted by Experian. My question is, when do they remove accounts that are due to fall off? Do they wait until the end of the month?

If I remember right, EX removes old information the second week of the month so it should be removed soon. 

Message 2 of 3
lucknpat
Contributor

Re: When will Experian delete old accounts?

@dragontears wrote:

@lucknpat wrote:

If I remember right, EX removes old information the second week of the month so it should be removed soon. 

Thank you! You were right, the end of the second week, which was yesterday, is when they were removed and my score increased another 14 points!

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.