Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get a bump...ugh

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

When will I get a bump...ugh

I have held tight at a 568 for about 2 months now.  No new negatives, everything paid on time.  I have on cc balance down from $239 ($300 limit) to $127 and I opened a second card this month, that hasn't reported yet. I have also paid 3 medicals from 2011 that now show a $0 balance.  This is really disheartening.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Sobo
New Contributor

Re: When will I get a bump...ugh

Don't get discouraged just because the score hasn't jumped yet. You know you are doing the right thing - so don't give up. It's like losing weight...you eat healthy and work out, and the scale doesn't move. But you can't argue that eating healthy and working out is benefecial and the rewards will come in time.

Hopefully it will bump soon.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 2 of 14
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have no where to go but up.  It's just hard to keep trudging thru with no positive reinforcement. I'm still muddling tho.

Message 3 of 14
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

Have you GW the medical's to have them removed?  Maybe that will help I have only being actively working on my credit for about a week but I am worried that will happen to me and I will give up. That is why I keep coming here to stay encouraged.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 4 of 14
Sobo
New Contributor

I know....just chart your path, keep at it, and it will come.

For me, I'm working with only 5 years of credit. So it is a very slow road for me. It's not like I can get some baddies removed and get an instant bump. I feel like I just sit and wait.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 5 of 14
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have been reading over the GW letters and I'm not sure how to adjust them to fit my situation.

Message 6 of 14
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I had a hard time with that at first but basically it should be personal and NICE.  You are asking them for a favor. There is really no copying that since you want it to be personal.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 7 of 14
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

You won't see a bump on paid collections.  It's the removal that counts! 

Write the Ca and ask for a goodwill deletion.

Message 8 of 14
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I would continue to work on lowering the balance on your cc along with the GWs. Your UTI is just over 40%. If you could get that down to under 10%, you would see a boost. You're doing the right thing! Keep your head in the game! It takes time and won't happen overnight. Good luck!
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 9 of 14
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I was unaware that holding a balance was a score dropper BUT I know now so I will have it down in the next couple weeks.  Its a $300 limit card and it was at $239 and not its $127 so another $100 and I'm there.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.