Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will these drop off?

tag
radfam
Frequent Contributor

When will these drop off?

Hi all!  Been a while since I've had my head in the credit game.  I know the lates here are a string and will come off together.  What I cannot remember is when that actually occurs.  Can you look at the pic and tell which month I may expect to see these drop off?  Screenshot from my experian annual credit report.

Capture.PNG

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: When will these drop off?

@radfam wrote:

Hi all!  Been a while since I've had my head in the credit game.  I know the lates here are a string and will come off together.  What I cannot remember is when that actually occurs.  Can you look at the pic and tell which month I may expect to see these drop off?  Screenshot from my experian annual credit report.

Capture.PNG

image.png

It depends by buearu if they drop off all at once in a string or one at a time. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 7
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  Its Experian.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@radfam wrote:

Thank you!  Its Experian.

EX will remove entire string when it's time to remove 30 day late 

Message 4 of 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Yes, I realize the thread is old, but a pertinent question:

If, as stated above, EX will remove a string of lates beginning with 7 years from DOFD in the string, how does EQ and TU handle them differently?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 5 of 7
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

If, as stated above, EX will remove a string of lates beginning with 7 years from DOFD in the string, how does EQ and TU handle them differently?

When bad things dropped off my credit reports, EX led the pack, the other two credit bureaus took their lead one month later.  That said, I let mine fall off organically, some folks have had success asking for EE, TU being the one most frequently cited as dropping things off early, typically six-months early.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 6 of 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

When bad things dropped off my credit reports, EX led the pack, the other two credit bureaus took their lead one month later.  That said, I let mine fall off organically, some folks have had success asking for EE, TU being the one most frequently cited as dropping things off early, typically six-months early.

That's not the question.

EX removes all late payment derogs in a string at the beginning of that string.

The question is how does TU and EQ behave differently?  One would infer that they age them off one month at a time. I am looking to confirm if that assumption is correct. for both TU and EQ.

The question has nothing to do with "EE", and nothing to do with "6 months early".

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.