cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will things fall off of a credit report?

tag
greeneyes26
Established Member

When will things fall off of a credit report?

i have a collection from verizon with midland....when will it a fall off my credit report? How do I see that on the report I get my reports from MY fico?

Also late payments from 2006 when will they no longer affect me?

Any help or advice appreciated

Also anyone had any luck pdf with midland it would help to get that off my report?

Late payments to chase, bank of america who to I send good will letters to?

I live in the state of Ca

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: When will things fall off of a credit report?

@greeneyes26 wrote:

i have a collection from verizon with midland....when will it a fall off my credit report? How do I see that on the report I get my reports from MY fico?

It will fall off 7 - 7.5 years from the DOFD.  Look for that on the CR.

Each late payment falls off 7 years from the date of occurence.

Also anyone had any luck pdf with midland it would help to get that off my report?

I have seen yes and nos with Midland.  I believe it will depend on how old the debt is.

You can send them to anyone but someone higher up the food chain is better.

I live in the state of Ca

Message 2 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@greeneyes26 wrote:

*To get the above info, go to the Free Report link in my sig block.  You are able to receive one free report from all 3 agencies every year by law.  This is that site. These have all the information you need.  Print them up & come back here with ??

That will depend on DOFD. (another link in my sig is the abbreviations page.  Save it in your favorites.  It will come in handy here)

Don't I know it!!!  Been there!!!!

How much do you owe???  Have you paid them anything?  How long have they reported?

You will send these to the addresses supplied on the reports from above that you get.

I live in the state of Ca ....You will want to find out your SOL for your state.  Someone here can answer that.

Gather up that info and if ANY CA ( collection agency) contacts you by phone...do not talk to them.  If they write you, do not answer any letters until you come here!

You'll be fine...we've all been there!!!!  

Also.....Welcome to the Forums!  Smiley Happy

Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@greeneyes26 wrote:

*To get the above info, go to the Free Report link in my sig block.  You are able to receive one free report from all 3 agencies every year by law.  This is that site. These have all the information you need.  Print them up & come back here with ??

That will depend on DOFD. (another link in my sig is the abbreviations page.  Save it in your favorites.  It will come in handy here)

This depends on whether the account only has lates and is still open.  DOFD has nothing to do with lates fallng off.

Don't I know it!!!  Been there!!!!

How much do you owe???  Have you paid them anything?  How long have they reported?

You will send these to the addresses supplied on the reports from above that you get.

I live in the state of Ca ....You will want to find out your SOL for your state.  Someone here can answer that.

Gather up that info and if ANY CA ( collection agency) contacts you by phone...do not talk to them.  If they write you, do not answer any letters until you come here!

You'll be fine...we've all been there!!!!  

Also.....Welcome to the Forums!  Smiley Happy

Mo

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.