Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will this fall off?

tag
povertybro
Contributor

When will this fall off?

I have a repo from 2013 that shows last payment in March 2014.  Should it fall off this year or next year?

Collection  was a 1.5k balance.Never paid a dime on it on once it went to collections, but it shows that I did and that I paid in full.

Can someone explain

5E5227FE-BACB-4771-AFB0-DBC6DD7790AF.jpeg

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: When will this fall off?

Whether it is paid or remains unpaid is irrelevant to credit report exclusion of either a charge-off reported by the creditor or a collection reported by a debt collector.

Each become excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency (DOFD) in the chain of delinquency that included the CO or collection.  The CRAs will normally exclude at 7 years after the DOFD.

To determine the exclusion date, you need to know the DOFD.

If it is not shown in your commercial credit report, get a copy of your report from annualcreditreport.com.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will this fall off?

@povertybro wrote:

I have a repo from 2013 that shows last payment in March 2014.  Should it fall off this year or next year?

Collection  was a 1.5k balance.Never paid a dime on it on once it went to collections, but it shows that I did and that I paid in full.

Can someone explain

5E5227FE-BACB-4771-AFB0-DBC6DD7790AF.jpeg

That looks like CK (credit karma). If there is no balance showing (like with a CO) and you did not pay it, CK still will say "congrats, you have paid this off" or something to that extent, even when it is not true. The program is not smart enough to differentiate how it was paid off. 

My SO has an unpaid CO from WFDS that just hit $0, bu no action from him, and CK said the same thing.

As mentioned above, the closest source if the most indepth credit report info is on annual credit report. It will include soecific dates of when to expect the account to drop off. Pull those reports. It is free (no scores included) and you can do so weekly through 4/2021. It usually includes entire payment histories, which most CRs do not offer (usually only 2 years worth). Definitely look into it!

CK is good for tracking some chamges and reporting trends, but I would not use it as a tool for an in depth look into your credit profile and payment history.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.