Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Do I Start?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where Do I Start?

Hello All,

I enjoy reading all the success people here in the Fico forums have had with getting their credit repaired. 

I want to join you all and I'm ready for the hard work.  My goal is to improve my score for next Spring and hopefully be able to purchase a home.   All my scores are currently in the 500's.  I've been working with Lexington Law to get some items removed but I'm ready to move on to "pay for delete" phase and see what I can do myself.

My question is: where do I start and how do I get feedback on my credit reports and what to do?

Should I post my scores, creditors, credit issues, etc.?

90% of my credit issues are late payments and charge-offs which were paid too late.  There are 3 creditors that I do owe and I would like to initiate "pay for delete" with them as they are below $500.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

~ e.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where Do I Start?

Hi LadyB, welcome to the forums.   this first thread has all the abbrevs that we use and the frequently requested thread. The freq.requested thread is full of info.

You can list your baddies.....please remember that the dates DOFD/DOLA  are important!

SOL

What we need is .......who is reporting  the OC  CA or both........each is handled different.

Medical is also handled different from all other debts.

Never file a dispute unless the info. is not accurate.  By filing a dispute on a baddie may cause the CRAs to update & cause damage to your scores.

We use GW letters for late payments........If an account is closed you stand a chance of the OC deleting the complete account , this may cause you to lose a TL that might be helping in your length of history.

Take your time & ask as many questions as you need!!!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, HappyDays.

My next question is: where do I get the detailed CA or OC information? From MyFico?

As of this week my scores are: TU 547/EQ 513/EX 573. I cannot *wait* to get started on improving these.

I will post the information at the end of this week when I have it and as soon as I know what is required.

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full inf. for all creditor can only be gotten from your CR..........no monitor service will have it.

If you have not pulled your free report go to  https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

You can get a free report once a year
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Howdy Ya'll, what do you mean medical bills are handled differently?  And what about Student Loans?  I am paying them but they have been bought over and over by different companies and there are duplicates...Shouldn't the company they bought them from be deleted?  I have several debts that my husband and I are joint but we have paid them and his report shows it but not mine...  Any info would be greatSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Medical bills use the Hippa process whereas normal collections you DV the CA

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 6 of 8
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

cakrw wrote:

I am paying them but they have been bought over and over by different companies and there are duplicates

One OC and One CA can report

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am paying them but they have been bought over and over by different companies and there are duplicates

One OC and One CA can report

I'm pretty sure (but not POSITIVE) that SLs can report more than that ...

Say the original loan is in default (for the sake of the convo, we'll say it's a Federal loan, 'cause I know bupkiss about private loans). The original loan can report (lates and all). Then DoE claims the loan and THEY will report. They can also send it to a CA and THEY, too, will report. They can also keep renewing the TL every time the loan goes back into default and the DoE reclaims it (I THINK).

OP: For SL info, mosey on over to the Student Loan forums -- LynnInMN is an ex-Student loan officer and she can give you oodles of good info.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.