Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find a Strong Dispute Process and Templates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I find a Strong Dispute Process and Templates

Coming out of BK, I hired Lexington Law.  That was not particularly useful.

I have used the online disputes a few times via MyFico (which now links to the CRAs directly, but it didn't always) and with the reporting agencies directly. 

I have been poking at my 3b credit reports, and I just finally read the opinion letter about chargeoff reporting.  I see problems with every derog I have on my reports.  (Bad dates, some after my BK filing, showing as chargeoff and not IIB, etc.)

I'd like to get all this cleaned up.  I feel like the online resolution process is dismissive of problems.  I'd like to send certified letters and manage the dispute process the right way so that I can get results.  I know people do this all the time, and some people are REALLY good at it.  But there doesn't seem to be a lot of info here on the MyFico forums, and unfortunately for me this is the only credit forum I participate in. 

I'm leery of google, since it leads to a metric ton of scammy looking sites.  Can someone direct me to a post somewhere that outlines the process clearly and provides good templates. 

I suppose the starting point is requesting copies of my reports from the CRAs in writing directly.  (so I am not missing information hidden by their website interface)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Where can I find a Strong Dispute Process and Templates

If you wish to pursue information that was previously subject to dispute, it is essential, prior to putting your dispute into any format, to clearly identify the specific inaccuracy that is the subject of your dispute, and to include any documentation supporting your asserting that the reported information is inaccurate.

To clarify, a dispute is limited only to the specific information identified in the dispute, and must provide some discussion or documentation that explains why it is considered inaccurate.  They only investigate that specific assertion of inaccuracy.

Once investigated, any subsequent dispute, be it sent to a CRA or sent directly to the furnisher of the information, can be dismissed without any investigation as "frivolous or irrelevant."

Thus, if you are planning to renew a dispute, it must either be related to different information that is considered to be inaccurate,or it must include new supporting documentation that was not previously submitted.

What, exactly, was previously disputed, and what new information do you have that will provide basis for a renewed (new) dispute?

Until that is determined, a template for making the dispute is not your issue.....

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.