Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I begin??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I begin??

Ok, I think I've gathered all the information.

OPEN

Capital One 0/400: Current, late payments 6/16-8-17-9-17-10/17-11/17

DoE/Nelnet: Current. 5,055

DoE/Nelnet: Current. 3,850

DoE/Nelnet: Current. 3,913

DoE/Nelnet: Current. 2,723

Regional Finance Corp: Current 17,053. Monthly payment 505.71

Home Depot: Current 122/500. Late payments 8/16-1/17-2/17

CLOSED

GM Financial: Charge off. 8,343 DofD 4/18

Chase Amazon: Close, Current was 150 days late 1037.37/1000 I have payment arrangements to keep this current

Kay Jewelers: Closed, Current. 0/600

Kohls: Closed. Paid in full or for less than full balance. 0/700 DoFD 10/16

Macy's: Charge off. 748/600 DoFD 10/16. This is with a collection agency that has not been reported to my credit.

ToysRUs: Charge off 493/300 With Midland now. DoFD5/16

ValueCity: Current, Closed 1,000

Walmart: Charge off 1027/900- With Portfolio recovery now. DofD 6/16

Fed Loan: closed. 2,600-4,500-3,500-3,500. DoFD 12/16 (these loans are now with DoE/Nelnet)

Old Navy: closed 0/260. Paid this through collections account. Original creditor shows no late payment but status says bad debt & placed for collections & skip

Amazon: closed 0/260 late payments 1/16-2/16-3/16-4-16 (this was paid in full when it was closed)

American Eagle: Closed, Current

JCP: Closed, Current. 0/400 Late payments 3/16-4/16-8/16-9/16-10/16

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I know that it probably wasn't stolen. And I agree that the truck is my number one problem at this time.  And I full on agree that I owe the money since he won't pay up. I wouldn't even assume that I didn't owe because I took the chance. When he started missing payments I had 2 decisions, make the payments and enable his behavior as well as give him a free truck. Or not pay and let it get reposessed. I clearly made the wrong decision and I see that now, and now I'm paying for it in a horrible way.

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I think I've gathered all the information.
OPEN
Capital One 0/400: Current, late payments 6/16-8-17-9-17-10/17-11/17
DoE/Nelnet: Current. 5,055
DoE/Nelnet: Current. 3,850
DoE/Nelnet: Current. 3,913
DoE/Nelnet: Current. 2,723
Regional Finance Corp: Current 17,053. Monthly payment 505.71
Home Depot: Current 122/500. Late payments 8/16-1/17-2/17

CLOSED
GM Financial: Charge off. 8,343 DofD 4/18
Chase Amazon: Close, Current was 150 days late 1037.37/1000 I have payment arrangements to keep this current
Kay Jewelers: Closed, Current. 0/600
Kohls: Closed. Paid in full or for less than full balance. 0/700 DoFD 10/16
Macy's: Charge off. 748/600 DoFD 10/16. This is with a collection agency that has not been reported to my credit.
ToysRUs: Charge off 493/300 With Midland now. DoFD5/16
ValueCity: Current, Closed 1,000
Walmart: Charge off 1027/900- With Portfolio recovery now. DofD 6/16
Fed Loan: closed. 2,600-4,500-3,500-3,500. DoFD 12/16 (these loans are now with DoE/Nelnet)
Old Navy: closed 0/260. Paid this through collections account. Original creditor shows no late payment but status says bad debt & placed for collections & skip
Amazon: closed 0/260 late payments 1/16-2/16-3/16-4-16 (this was paid in full when it was closed)
American Eagle: Closed, Current
JCP: Closed, Current. 0/400 Late payments 3/16-4/16-8/16-9/16-10/16
Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I’m seeing everything correctly it looks like you are on the hook for roughly $13k. Do you have the means to pay this off in the near future? If not, you may seriously want to consider filing for BK. This is not something I recommend lightly, but it seems you were stuck with a lot of debt from your ex. a clean start may be your best option. A lot of people do not like to consider BK, but I would suggest talking to a knowledgeable attorney that can look at your situation and advise you of your options. GL...

Message 14 of 43
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I dont see the truck as a big issue, it is in his name, it is secondary, GM is not known to sue. I would work on the collections, try getting the OCs to recall in exchange for payment, if they wont then work out a deal with the CAs to remove once they are paid. I dont see a need of BK at this time, SLs cannot be discharged. A DMP may be in order if you dont have the available cash to settle these things its a better option than BK.

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I dont see the truck as a big issue, it is in his name, it is secondary, GM is not known to sue. I would work on the collections, try getting the OCs to recall in exchange for payment, if they wont then work out a deal with the CAs to remove once they are paid. I dont see a need of BK at this time, SLs cannot be discharged. A DMP may be in order if you dont have the available cash to settle these things its a better option than BK.

I guess it all depends on the OPs current financial situation. Like I said, I do not recommend BK lightly. If she can work out a DMP that can be completed in a shorter timeframe then that would be a better outcome. Either way, I think speaking to an attorney that can advise would not be a bad idea.

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I can avoid BK I’d like to. I have the means to pay off the smaller things within the next 3-5 months. The truck is another story I would have to set up payments for that if they’d allow it.

If it got to the point where I did decide to file BK what does that do to my current good standing accounts. My capital one card and Home Depot and my car loan. My financial situation is extremely better than where I was a year to 2 years ago so I’m not having trouble paying on any of this or my current household bills.
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If I can avoid BK I’d like to. I have the means to pay off the smaller things within the next 3-5 months. The truck is another story I would have to set up payments for that if they’d allow it.

If it got to the point where I did decide to file BK what does that do to my current good standing accounts. My capital one card and Home Depot and my car loan. My financial situation is extremely better than where I was a year to 2 years ago so I’m not having trouble paying on any of this or my current household bills.

Ok, knowing this now, then BK probably isn’t for you. I WOULD see about negotiating a settlement and/or payment plan through an attorney, though, as they can review all the terms and negotiate on your behalf. I would try to get them to agree to have it completely deleted from your files once the debt is satisfied. GL!

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I go to a bankruptcy attorney for this?
Message 19 of 43
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Would I go to a bankruptcy attorney for this?

You dont need an attorney nor does your situation warrants BK talk 

Just start making payment arrangements, PFD in particular when it comes to collections. Midland and Portfolio will delete once the account is paid. Try negotiating a settlement with them prior to paying. 

As far as the CO's, continue paying till the accounts are at $0.00. 

Truck, cross that bridge when you get to it. Focus on collections and COs for now. 

There is nothing an attorney (without a legal action against you) can do that you cannot do yourself. It will take time and patience, but it can be done. Plenty of examples on this forum. 

Congrats on starting your journey to financial recovery. Soon enough all of this will be behind you. 

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.