Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I begin??

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do I begin??

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe I still have the cards. I wasn’t sure if that was the account number or not.

As odd as it sounds in the age of ID theft, yep your 16 digit credit card number is in fact your account number. Sort of like how your whole checking account number is printed on the bottom of your checks.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 41 of 43
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@sarge12 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Your scores start recovering once negatives stop reporting which happens after they are paid/settled

The negative will still show on the report even after paid until it ages off the report with a gradual decline in the point penalty due to the age of the negative data. Paying it does not remove the original delinquincy from the future reports, but the affect on the scores does usually decline over time even before it falls off the report. The penalty for a 30 day late affects scores for less time than 60 day lates. and 90 day lates or more is going to affect the score for 7 years to some degree. So will CA's.

Original TL stays, that was covered in posts 23 and  25 Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 43
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Your scores start recovering once negatives stop reporting which happens after they are paid/settled

The negative will still show on the report even after paid until it ages off the report with a gradual decline in the point penalty due to the age of the negative data. Paying it does not remove the original delinquincy from the future reports, but the affect on the scores does usually decline over time even before it falls off the report. The penalty for a 30 day late affects scores for less time than 60 day lates. and 90 day lates or more is going to affect the score for 7 years to some degree. So will CA's.

Original TL stays, that was covered in posts 23 and  25 Smiley Wink

I knew that and knew you knew that too. I only posted that to clarify to someone new here that paying the debt off does not remove the negative tradeline factor. It was solely to clarify what was meant.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.