Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find DOFD on Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I find DOFD on Experian?

I disputed an account with Experian and it is supposedely verified.....thing is I am trying to find the DOFD or date it will fall off report.  All they list for the account is:

Date Opened:
Dat
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I find DOFD on Experian?

Sorry, accidentally posted it early....all I have listed is:

Date Opened and Status Date.  I recently disputed and it was verified, balance is $0 but the response to the verification added to the Account Notes a statement saying "Charge off as of July 2008".  How can it be a $0 charge off?

I want this off my report but it is with the OC and I have asked before and intend to keep sending GW letters but can I use anything to leverage my position that it shouldn't be on there?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can edit your own post by clicking on "Options" in the right hand corner, and then choosing "Edit Post" from the drop down options.

Was this in fact a CO?

You can call EX and ask for DOFD or when it will be removed.

It should state "estimated date this item will be removed" or something like that. Sometimes, they don't if the TL could convert to a positive TL at 7 years and remain for another 3 years.
Message 3 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I noticed that an unpaid medical collection with a Date Opened of September 2002 with CA XYZ fell of my GF's Experian report this morning. She has a boatload of these started in May with 17 down to 12 currently. Most of these entries show the date they will fall off some do not. I find it very confusing in that some of these with more recent open dates are slated to fall off the reports before some with much older opening dates.
I don't know where to start with all these collections. I have read Whychats's recommendations with the hand written in colored pen on personal stationery. Others say to do it another way. I don't know how to attack these. The funny part is only one is sending letters anymore and no one has ever tried to garnish.
I make one mistake I got the National Guard at my door. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by smallfry on 08-11-2008 05:49 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My spouse's Midland on EX was showing no DOFD or removal date. IMO, it appeared it was reporting as an open account, which have no DOFD or removal date. I know it was reporting as a regular TL and not as a collection as it should have been. Been wondering if the CA are realizing they can do this and leave them there longer until the consumer catches on.

Are the medical paid or unpaid, smallfry?

Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

All unpaid and all are listed as negatives by Experian and the other 2 bureaus. What I find curious is that TU has some that the other 2 do not list. Matter of fact the most recent one with a drop date of 2014 only made it to TU. Its only 95 bucks and I should really try for a pay for delete but I wonder if any pay for delete will keep it off the other two if they should agree. Just got listed a couple of months ago.
Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry, accidentally posted it early....all I have listed is:
Date Opened and Status Date. I recently disputed and it was verified, balance is $0 but the response to the verification added to the Account Notes a statement saying "Charge off as of July 2008". How can it be a $0 charge off?
I want this off my report but it is with the OC and I have asked before and intend to keep sending GW letters but can I use anything to leverage my position that it shouldn't be on there?

You state it should not be on your report, why? Is it not your account?

Can you provide more information, like what type of account, your state.

If it was a charge off and is reporting a zero balance the OC may have sold it. Have you talked with the OC?
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Many of the commerically vended "credit reports" do not specifically list the current account DOFD in your credit file, but it is recorded and stored in a separate field in your credit file.  It is called the "FCRA compliance field."  It is the legal date that controls how long derogs may be provided in a credit report.
It should routinely be included in any credit report, for it is the critical FCRA cutoff date for continued reproting of account delinquencies.
A creditor may only update this date on an account if an old chain of delinquencies is broken by a later month in which the account is paid as agreed, and then a later delinquency occurs.  The later date then becomes the new DOFD, and the old DOFD is erased.  Other account status activity, such as posting of a CO or CA, or payment activity by the consumer, etc., cannot reset the DOFD.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.