cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go from here? Help me fix my credit please.

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Where do I go from here? Help me fix my credit please.

Hey all, 

I've been on here years ago was on the road to recovery for a good while since my BK in 2008 until I hit a few hardships starting late 2018. Unfortunately all my hard work of having perfect payment history since the BK on all lines/Loans went down the drain. And now I'm at my worst scores EVER. (467-482) As of this month (01/2020)

I don't know what to do or where to begin but my credit is a complete mess right now and I'm just BARELY starting to get back on my feet financially. I just bought my reports couple days ago to get a grasp of how bad things are since I'm getting hammered daily from bill colllectors etc. And I just want to try to get back on track.

This is the hefty list of derogs:

Charged-Off:

Sync / Amz - $4,500

Sync/ Sony - $1966

Chase INK - $11,000

FNBA - $1417

Cap one - $1677

BOA - $6,068

Merc/Barclays - $Sold to below

NFCU / Sig $5375

Collections:

DS Services ($370)

Dish Network ($582)

Jefferson Capital - $3,474 (Barclays/Merc)

Midland  - $705

VP EMA -  $317

Progressive $800

Reposession / Charge OFF:

BMW $13K

VW Credit $4K

What should I be looking to do since I've obviously suffered some real damage. I've thought about BK again but I'm not sure thats the best route just yet. I'd like to avoid if I can. 

I only have one active autoloan (with 30 day lates) through DCU since 2017 but its in current now I NEED to keep that loan/vehicle especially for the low rate I probably wont be able to qualify for again anytime soon. I also have a bestbuy credit card that just a CLD recently to a whopping $850 CL. Other then that everything else is above. PLEASE HELP with suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where do I go from here? Help me fix my credit please.

With a quick calculation, you are just over $28K and thats before that difference of the balance on the car loans after auction. More info on your daily bills and income would be helpful to see what your budget is. Since its tax time, do you expect to have to pay in or are you gonna get a return. Alot of friendly folks here can help make a plan on ability to pay those debts off. Or worse case, offer BK advice.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Right now as it stands. You are $43,000+ in debt. If you income can support paying all this back. great. But all these CO's could go legal at anytime. Now I never say it outright. But in the time to pay all this off. Would it take longer to do so or get a fresh start and hit the reset button and have a new lease on life of financial freedom in less time rebuilding. Thats up to you.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered working with a Debt Management Plan? (Like Greenpath or similar).  Or even a debt consolidation plan? That's a settlement, which can get scary, but might be better than a BK.  

I have well over double your amount of debt and am in a DMP currently for the last 15 months.  I have no missed payments in the DMP and scores are currently 647/647/624.   Greenpath helped me with a budget that works.  Granted I have a pretty high income ($102.5K) but I couldn't have done this otherwise.

Remember that You are NOT your debt.....don't beat yourself up.  You made some bad choices, but your debt doesn't define who you are as a person. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.