Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go from here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I go from here?

It’s a long post but, where do I go from here? I am not sure what to do next. Do I just pay everything off and only charge 30% to the cards and pay them off every month or is there more to it? My goal is to buy a house. Hopefully by next summer. I, unfortunately, listened to Credit Karma before I did more research and opened more cards than I probably should have and charged a bunch but, I will have all the balances back at zero in 2-3 months.

Here is what I am doing: paying all current credit balances to zero with no more charging, paying off student loans currently in deferment.

This is where I am sitting at:

Scores

Wells Fargo Fico 9 score: 626

Fico 8 scores pulled from premium Experian subscription:

Experian- 657 Equifax- 643 Transunion: 661 Fico 8: 657

Collections

LVNV/Resurgent: $518 paid just waiting to be deleted from credit report

IC Systems: $253, waiting on a response from debt verification letter

What Is Reporting

Fingerhut: $73.06 out of $600 limit since Feb 2020

Capital One (authorized user, no card): $555 out of $9,500 limit since Nov 2014

Capital One (Walmart store card): $193.24 out of $300 since May 2020

Credit One $258.50 out of $300 since May 2020

First Premier: 270.83 out of $300 since Jan 2020

Synchrony Bank: $0 out of $1800 since Feb 2020 (never used)

Student Loans

Went through rehab and now in deferment due to being in school, no longer taking out more loans. Total: $39107.18

I also have some transferred closed student loans showing up as 120 days late with zero balances that I’d like to show closed, paid as agreed if possible. I am afraid to dispute it because they are from 2017. However, I will post these on the student loans section.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Where do I go from here?

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s a long post but, where do I go from here? I am not sure what to do next. Do I just pay everything off and only charge 30% to the cards and pay them off every month or is there more to it? My goal is to buy a house. Hopefully by next summer. I, unfortunately, listened to Credit Karma before I did more research and opened more cards than I probably should have and charged a bunch but, I will have all the balances back at zero in 2-3 months.

Here is what I am doing: paying all current credit balances to zero with no more charging, paying off student loans currently in deferment.

Scores

Collections

What Is Reporting

Student Loans

Went through rehab and now in deferment due to being in school, no longer taking out more loans. Total: $39107.18

I also have some transferred closed student loans showing up as 120 days late with zero balances that I’d like to show closed, paid as agreed if possible. I am afraid to dispute it because they are from 2017. However, I will post these on the student loans section.  

Pay off the cap one , credit one and FP they are nearly maxed out .

Use the synchrony card for a small purchase or they may close it .

You certainly don't need to use 30% at all . Pay off the cards and just let a small balance report on one of the major cards . Rinse and repeat . 

And don't apply for anymore subprime cards , personally I would dump the FP.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Where do I go from here?

@Anonymous wrote:

Scores

Collections

What Is Reporting

Student Loans

Bold red are considered maxed out. Get them paid down ASAP. Plus having all accounts reporting balance is a ding also. Forget what the internet says about the 30% limit spend. Thats hogwash. You can charge all you want. Its whats reported each month. And you only want 1 card to do that preferably under <8% reporting. Plus if you cant pay it, dont charge it. Dont make banks richer by paying interest. Your util on each card is high, on 3 cards its super high. Pat them down and you'll see and decent score bump.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.