Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start? Please help.

tag
Kwao
Established Member

My scores are:

Ex: 673(as of the 11th of August, but checked today and it says 717 on experian's site)

Eq: 725

TU: 734

No debts. Only one line of credit-a secured card I opened with Wells Fargo in February of this year(2012). Not sure when I should apply for a real credit card. I've never had one before. I'm getting offers in the mail, but I've declined to try thus far.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kwao
Established Member

So with no debts, one secured card reporting and only a credit history going back to February of this year, should I apply for any actual credit cards? What can I do to help build my credit any further?

Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

"OP, I split your post to form a new one here. I had to edit the title, but changed nothing else.

If you'd like to change the title, click "Options" and then "Edit Message"." 

Lightnin,myFICO moderator

ETA... Welcome to the forums,

To understand the way we talk around here, study this ....Common Abbreviations , or make a copy to put next to your computer.

Where did you get your CS (credit scores)?      Most creditor use FICO scores.

Suggest reading   The Son Of Credit Scoring 101. to know the difference between FAKO's and FICO's

That will get you started, I'll let others chime in.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where do I start? Please help.

I think I commented on your post on the Credit Card forums.  Didn't you also co-sign for a car loan and get a Lowes and Walmart car?  That's 3 brand new TLS.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Where do I start? Please help.

Directing members to similar thread found here...http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Need-Credit-Line-Suggestions/m-p/1630144

Combing threads, so you'll get the best advise possible and to avoid confusion. Locking Thread.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.