cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the most wise place to start rebuilding? I'm stuck.

tag
rMayer
Established Member

Where is the most wise place to start rebuilding? I'm stuck.

I got in pretty over my head a few years ago and was on the brink of bankruptcy. Things are better now but my credit that was 800 for years has been sitting for 3 years at low 500s. I truly don't know what would be the most wise use of money getting stuff in order from here. I'd like to buy a house but clearly this is a huge roadblock.  Do I attempt to pay the full balance on these? Do I wait? Where do I start? Some feel so high I don't even know how to tackle them. I'm feeling very stuck and like I'll never be approved for a mortage. 

Upstart loan - $7,789

JH PORTFOLIO DEBT EQUITI (was a chase card)- $12,657

NATIONAL CREDIT SYSTEMS (balance from an apartment i rented & had to lease break) - $4,947

FAIR COLLECTIONS AND OUT (another apartment balance) - $3,470

NATIONAL CREDIT AUDIT CO (another apratmet balance) - $3,293

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY (some card) - $2,190

PENN CREDIT CORP (energy bill) - $1,163

CREDIT COLLECTION SERVIC - $544

FIRST CREDIT SERVICES - $267

FIRST CREDIT SERVICES - $133

FIRST CREDIT SERVICES - $122

FIRST CREDIT SERVICES - $118

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Where is the most wise place to start rebuilding? I'm stuck.

I'm just going to throw it out there. I wont say the word, nor tell anybody to do so. But if the $29,000 was discharged. You'd be debt free. If you didnt file you'd have to pay it back. At the same time can you still save for a house down payment while paying this debt back. The D/C'ed $29,000 could go into savings account for a house that you could qualify for 2 yrs after a DC. I'll just leave it at that. (This is w/o knowing income and other details)

You can see below what can happen 3 yrs after. And I had a little bit more DC'ed in my case. Some may have a better plan. Its JMO.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.