Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where should I start....need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where should I start....need advice

My husband and I had our vehicle repossessed in Aug 07 due to me being laid off and such.  We had tried to work with the creditor starting when we first knew we would be behind on payments but to no avail.   We received a letter in Nov 07 from United Recovery that we owed 5234.28.  Tried to contact through telephone.  Never heard anything else.  In March 08, letter from CO saying we owe 4406.89 with breakdown of charges.  I have half the amount.  While saving the rest, in May 08 receive letter from Synergetic saying attempt to collect debt, blah, blah, blah.  Owe 5523.79.  My husband is scheduled to receive his yearly stipend the beginning of Sept and I will be able to pay it.  I just don't know where to start.  Neither CA have reported on my CR.  The CO has reported as 3069.00 balance, bad debt, collection, reported as profit loss.  I would like to clean this up as tidily as possible because we would like to try for a mortgage the beginning of next year.  My dh's credit score through the WAMU score is 673.

Thanks for anything you can tell me!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where should I start....need advice

In some cases like mine...the CA has the right to tack on fees....and interest...I would DV the CA...is the CA on his reports also???...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where should I start....need advice

The CAs are only there as inquiries not reporting on both of our reports..
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.