Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Start ? Desperate for help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to Start ? Desperate for help

Ive never filed a BK before but I’ve seen plenty of testimonials on here from those who have and not one has regretted it - many in fact say they wish they’d done it sooner. You’ll be absolved of most or all of your debt and can start anew. Yes your scores will take a hit, but they have already. And once you’re discharged you can restart on a scale you can afford to maintain. Some banks will blacklist you if they’re included, but not all. CapOne has been known to let people back in within months of a discharge, even when they were burned. Discover isn’t BK-averse after a little time. AmEx will let you in 5 years and a month after discharge as long as they weren’t burned and you owe them no money. Secured cards can get the ball rolling and GreenDot/OpenSky don’t even pull scores for their cards and provide a way to reestablish yourself.

BK used to have a terrible stigma but it really doesn’t anymore, maybe simply because of how many people lost their shirts in 2008-2009, or for whatever reason. Good people fall on bad times and it’s those people that it is there to help. I agree that consulting a BK attorney would be worthwhile - you may find that it relieves your stresses and you may come out in better shape than you’re assuming.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to Start ? Desperate for help

I think it’s worth a shot to hear from a lawyer thanks a lot
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.