Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Start

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to Start

I'm in the process of starting a business and need some lines of credit for equipment etc. I imagine this recent drop to my score may have an impact on my ability to start this venture. 

For the past four years I've missed no payments (until this month) but somehow a Lowe's/ Synchrony payment got missed and they cancled my card. As soon as it reported I called and paid off my full balance (326$) but my accound was already closed. I also have two collections one from Dish equipment over a stupid 100$ part we missed sending in (I paid the money once it hit my credit)(never recieved a call or bill)) and another for some college books for classes I started to take but later dropped. Again I paid this collection off (over 900$) 

Equifax      526poor

TransUnion      555poor

Experian       552poor

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where to Start

Have you gone through your free annual credit reports yet? That is a good place to start to see how everything is reporting, make sure everything is 100% accurate and if it isn't you can get it removed. When you dispute, research the different types of methods there are and only use certified mail in order to go through that process because there are time requirements that also need to be followed, that could also help you get items removed. 

You could also start a goodwill letter campaign on the paid accounts in order to get them removed and there a couple of good methods to use with that. 

ABCD has a guide in the rebuilding forum on some great points to quickly rebuild credit. If you have a ton of recent negative items it will hurt for up to a year but as you rebuild and get items corrected, removed and paid with some positive tradelines reporting you should be credit worthy pretty quick, up to a year at the latest and getting good rates and offers within 2 years. 

Starting with the reports will help you form a plan of attack for your derogatory accounts and that is the best place to start. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 6
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/ABCD2199-s-Eleven-Rules-to-Credit-Rebuilding/...

Very knowledgable people on this forum and they will all help guide you through the process if you need it. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 3 of 6
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Hi, curtwow!! Welcome to MyFICO!👍

I have ONE question:

Are those your REAL FICO 8 scores???

If you are relying solely on CK for your FICO 8 scores(?) you may be setting yourself for a disappointing clear picture? Though CK and any other free monitoring sites are good for knowing what accounts hit your credit reports may be okay for that reason but, to truly know your scores?...those aren’t the places to keep track of your REAL FICO 8 scores!! Those are just Vantage Score that MOST lenders DO NOT use and they carry no weight. You can obtain your REAL FICO 8 scores from MyFICO and/or CCT(Credit Check Total) Knowing your TRUE FICO 8 scores and keeping track of them while making progress will give you a much more accurate picture where you stand, score wise. CK and CS are way to broad and are, again just good for alerts on any changing updates to the accounts. CCT has a $1 7 day trial that can access your REAL FICO 8 scores and reports to ALL 3 CRA’s. You can cancel your CCT account within 7 days and not be charged the full membership. I wouldn’t suggest, joining and canceling, joining and canceling constantly but, rather just join once for 7 days, cancel before time runs out. Attack your baddies. Make some progress and THEN in a few months? Go back and see where you are from there. Remember, it’s not a race but a marathon. It is going to take some hard work and patience to bring those scores up. But, you can do it! We’ll be here if you need us to help guide you and offer some moral support!! Keep us updated on your progress and BEST OF LUCK to you!! Thanks for joining MyFICO!! 👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the replies,

I truely appreciate the time y'all took to look at my situation.

Those are my real scores I copied that from myfico.com this morning I bought the 59.00 package to pull all 3 reports. I have 3 cards all with 2,000 limits and an ally auto loan for 22,000. My house is paid for.

These items and high balances are the only negative items on my reports(since 2014). Last summer I was in the 720's on here then my wife went back to school. I'm in sales and my pay flucuates grealy causing me to carry high balances portions of the year. I know this isn't the optimal way to utilize credit but while we're a single family income its become neccessary at times. With the auto loan, credit cards, and 6k left on student loans I have a total of 30,000. I paid 1,500 off in cards this month and while sales is good I will be able to pay the rest off in the next month or so.

This business I'm doing is on the side and will have no overhead only a need for a line of credit to fulfill orders for clients until the work is completed.

I called Lowes this morning the rep stated she would submit a request for the late payment to be removed. I will know something in 20 days. She was very helpful and pleasent. I am hopeful they will have some pitty as we discovered somehow the emails were going to my spam folder.

For the two collections one is though Diversified Consultants the other through Conserve are there any recommendations? Again both were paid as soon as they hit my credit report.

Message 5 of 6
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

On those collections you can try a GW campaign(using BrutalBodyShots “Saturation Technique”) to see if you can have them removed. Otherwise, they will remain on your cr for the 7 yrs. That being said, assuming the GW campaign fails, you can request an EE a few months prior to dropping off(no guarantees but, worth a shot) You can just call each bureau and make the request. There have been some success in doing so, both GW and EE here on MyFICO. Check’em out!
If you are familiar with the AZEO method(you can find it in ABCD2199 thread) If you are able to implement that method(?) naturally, that’ll bring your Utilization down and give you a boost in scores.
I’m sure others will chime and give a different approach or add to what I’ve suggested(?)

I wish you the best of luck obtaining the credit you need for business. I hope that helped some.

Best of Luck!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.