Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to send Wells Fargo Credit Card Goodwill Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to send Wells Fargo Credit Card Goodwill Letter

Hi,

So I've looked and can't find where exactly to send a Wells Fargo GW letter for a credit card. This is my first time sending a GW letter so is there a physical address to send it to, if so what's the best one and if there's an email what is it?

Should I send one or both?

Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to send Wells Fargo Credit Card Goodwill Letter

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/addresses/

I can't find a good email address for them so if you find some let me know please.  WF requires much persistence and the saturation technique seems to work best; send as many to as many addresses as you can and don't give up.

But yes, it's best to mail, email, fax, phone, carrier pigeon, whatever you can to get your letter to as many people as possible, with hopes that one of those sets of eyes is connected to a heart, something they apparently screen out when hiring at WF.  Good luck on your success.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a letter back saying since they are a reputable lender they cannot change things that are accurately reporting Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

All you can do is put them on a schedule of your choosing, I would do no more than once a month and continue until you get what you are after or it ages off. The older something becomes the better the chance of GW.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gdale6 - I have a question. I had two late's from 2013 but one from 2012 in their response letter to me WF wrote that they no longer had files on the 2012 late because it was over 5 years old, yet they still put in their update to the CRA's that there were 3 late's despite them saying to me they no longer had files on the 2012 late.

What's going on with this? If you know maybe it will help me.

Thanks!
Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Gdale6 - I have a question. I had two late's from 2013 but one from 2012 in their response letter to me WF wrote that they no longer had files on thThe e 2012 late because it was over 5 years old, yet they still put in their update to the CRA's that there were 3 late's despite them saying to me they no longer had files on the 2012 late.

What's going on with this? If you know maybe it will help me.

Thanks!

The front office you are talking to may not have access to something that old but the back office and CRA reporting sections do. You could directly dispute it with them sending a copy of their reporting to the CRA on that 2012 listing if you believe that it is in error. If not you can send another GW request with copy of that reporting to the office of the CEO.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm mailed letters to the Des Moines office and the Board of Directors in San Francisco I'm sure one of them has full access to the files. It was something like they no longer has authority or something over something 5+ years old.

Since I disputed before they will not let me redo spite without uploading substantial evidence supporting my dispute. I just tried with EX.

These payments were late because an old boyfriend stole the card and I didn't know until I got a late payment notice, then because the balance was so high unexpectedly it was hard to keep up with the payments. It's too late now to file a police report because of the statute of limitations at the time a police report was not filed because the person who used the card was someone cared for and they were here on a green card so a fraud allegation would get them deported.

Do you think if I signed a sworn affidavit about what happened they would consider it? Or what would be the best course of action. I paid $1,800 out of pocket to cover the unauthorized charges.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they require a police report for theft.

Message 9 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, unauth charges this is a whole different ball of wax. I dont think just a signed affadavit is going to do it you would need to file police report on it and then send that in to them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.