Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start?

tag
oneofayykind
New Contributor

Re: Where to start?

@SOGGIE Since the two are scheduled to fall off in early 2022 should I not try and send GW letters or dispute them? 

Message 11 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@oneofayykind wrote:

@SOGGIE Since the two are scheduled to fall off in early 2022 should I not try and send GW letters or dispute them? 

If it were me, I would not bother sending them a GW letter, disputing or contacting them being that the scheduled deletion dates are right around the corner. 😀 Doing any of the above will most likely create an updated date on your credit reports. Dare not poke the bear.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 12 of 21
oneofayykind
New Contributor

I sent a GW email to the CEO of Verizon yesterday and today I received a call that my request was sent to the credit department for deletion. They then followed up with an email with the name and contact number of the person responsible for my case. I'll post an update on here if they do in fact remove them. Interested to also see if they do both the wireless one as well as the utility one.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't stop!

Message 14 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@oneofayykind Sounds good. As @Anonymous suggested, "Don't stop." Keep us posted on your updates.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 15 of 21
oneofayykind
New Contributor

GW email was sent to JPMC for the two 30 day lates being reported on my credit from 2017 to 2018. I just paid down my account balance from $1600 to just under $500. I'm hoping that helps. I'll post an update if I have success with the gw email to JPMC.

Message 16 of 21
oneofayykind
New Contributor

The GW email to the CEO of AMEX came back with a call from their executive office or someone assigned my case from there, and the person who called notified me that they must report accurately and would not be removing the late payments from the credit bureaus. 

This was also the case with Chase bank on the two late payments that are on my report as well. 

Message 17 of 21
kb2ehj
New Contributor

Looking over your list of debt, you have bigger problems then worring about get a company to take off a 30 day late payment, those are not hurting your score at all.  What's hurting are those HUGE credit card balances.  Those are what you need to be lowering.

It's going to sound harsh, sorry for this, but you need to llook at picking up a second or. third p/t job someplace and devoting those checks to those balances.

Message 18 of 21
oneofayykind
New Contributor

I agree that there is a big balance with Discover of $10k of $24k. 

I'm not touching the Navy Federal balance as that is due to drop off and based on other feedback previously on this thread I shouldn't touch.

My chase card is down to $400 from $1,500, Capital One is $200 of $1,000, First Premier is paid off and Credit One is paid off. I am working to pay down the Discover card as quickly as possible. I don't need a second or third job I just need to allocate money to those cards vs. spending elsewhere. 

Message 19 of 21
jmw1
Frequent Contributor

If the SOL is actually six years in your state and there is no judgment, I wouldn't pay the Navy card or call them or write them or do anything and just let it fall off of the CR.  I still think you'll have much better results focusing on a job hunt to make more money for paying down debt as the other poster says.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.