Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to start!?

I had excellent credit prior to this year (I went from 750 to 580). Made some mistakes after losing my job and an unexpected medical emergency. I have 4 30 day late payments, and 1 inquiry (that I did not do---need to get that removed). My credit utilization is high, and I am doing my best to get that paid down. 

However where do I start to repair!? I am a home owner right now, but I am hoping to sell my place in the future and move to less of an starter home and to my forever home where I can put down roots. I am afraid I ruined that dream with my stupid mistake of paying my credit cards 40 days late. 

This keeps me up at night, and I feel lost and confused. What can I do?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where to start!?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had excellent credit prior to this year (I went from 750 to 580). Made some mistakes after losing my job and an unexpected medical emergency. I have 4 30 day late payments, and 1 inquiry (that I did not do---need to get that removed). My credit utilization is high, and I am doing my best to get that paid down. 

However where do I start to repair!? I am a home owner right now, but I am hoping to sell my place in the future and move to less of an starter home and to my forever home where I can put down roots. I am afraid I ruined that dream with my stupid mistake of paying my credit cards 40 days late. 

This keeps me up at night, and I feel lost and confused. What can I do?

For the lates you can request a GW deletion with a GW letter. The high util you need to just work on getting the balances down.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.