Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start?

tag
oneofayykind
New Contributor

Where to start?

Curious to know if there is anywhere in this forum where I can post my credit report and get advice on where I should start? There is so much information in here it's literally overwhelming.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to start?

Start by listing your accounts, balances, date of first delinquency, your state statue of limitations, status, additional comments etc.

So something like this:

Credit Card 1 - $5,600 Balance / $6000 CL - DOFD June 2018, SOL 4 years, charged-off. 

Collection 1 - $5,600 - Midland Funding, not served. This is for the Charge off Credit Card 1. 

Credit Card 2 - $200 Balance / $600 CL - 30 Days Late, Sept 2018.  60 Days Late, Oct 2019. 

Accounts in Good Standing:

Credit Card 3 - $200 Balance / $600 CL - Opened May 2020

Inquiries:

Dec 2020

May 2021

July 2021

Message 2 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on you taking the initial steps to repair your credit profile! If you have not done so already, first make sure all of your identifiers are reported correctly. If the CR is too long, I would suggest to break down the concerning data by category (Open , Closed, Collection, Inquiries, etc.), then post your concerns in the order that @Anonymous suggested to make it easier to address them. Good luck

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 21
oneofayykind
New Contributor

Accounts with adverse information:

AMEX - $0 Balance / $2000 CL - DOFD Aug 2020, SOL 6 years - Closed PIF. 

JPMCB - $1,644 Balance / $1500 CL - 30 day late Aug 2017 and Oct 2020 - Current Account

Navy Federal - $20,510 Balance / $20,000 CL - DOFD Sept 2014 - Charged Off - Date Closed Dec 2013

Verizon Utility - $0 Balance - Account PIF; was a collection - DOFD Mar 2016 - Date Closed May 2017 - Date Paid Feb 2017

Verizon Wireless - $0 Balance - Account PIF; was a collection - DOF Feb 2018 - Date Closed Jan 2018 - Date Paid Apr 2019

Mortgage Accounts

Cardinal Finance - Current Account - 30 days late in Feb 2020 

Chase Morgage - Status: Account 120 Days Past Due Date - Date Closed May 2017 - DOFD Sept 2014

Student Loans

Dept of Ed/Navient - $1,410 Balance - Current Account - 120 days in Feb 2019 and Feb 2020

Dept of Ed/Navient - $1,077 Balance - Current Account - 120 days in Feb 2019 and Feb 2020

Dept of Ed/Navient - $7,981 Balance - Current Account - 120 days in Feb 2019 and Feb 2020

Dept of Ed/Navient - $804 Balance - Current Account - 120 days in Feb 2019 and Feb 2020

Auto Loans

Hyundai Finance - $0 - Paid,Closed;was Paid as agreed - DOF Feb 2015

Accounts in Good Standing:

Ally Financial - $0 Balance  - Paid,Closed;was Paid as agreed

AMEX - $0 Balance / $1,500 CL - Status, Current Account - Account Relationship Terminated

Barclays - $0 Balance / 2,400 CL - Status, Current Account

Credit One Bank - $295 Balance / $300 CL - Current Account

Discover - $0 Balance / $16,000 CL - Current Account - Account Relationship Terminated

Discover - $10,189 Balance / $22,500 CL - Current Account

First Premier - $0 Balance / $200 CL - Paid,Closed; was paid as agreed

First Premier - $457 Balance / $400 CL - Current Account

Ford Motor - $0 Balance - Paid,closed; was paid as agreed

Flexpay - $0 Balance - Paid,closed; was paid as agreed

GMAC Mortgage - $0 Balance - Paid,closed; was paid as agreed

Homeward Residential - $0 Balance - Paid,closed; was paid as agreed

PayPal Smart Connect - $0 Balance / $600 CL - Current Account

8 Regular Inquiries

Message 4 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@oneofayykind Are you able to send GW letters on the loans due to the pandemic? If not, are you eligible to rehab the student loans? Regarding the lates on the student loans, this may be more useful to you:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/bd-p/studentloans 

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@oneofayykind wrote:

Mortgage Accounts

Chase Morgage - Status: Account 120 Days Past Due Date - Date Closed May 2017 - DOFD Sept 2014

I would suggest sending a GW letter for the Cardinal mortgage account due to pandemic hardship.

The Chase Mortgage should be scheduled for auto-deletion late 2021-early 2022.

The same (auto-deletion date) applies to the Navy Federal Account.

I would suggest sending GW letters for the Verizon accounts. See Verizon GW Success: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Verizon-GW-success-by-phone/m-p/5611317?sear... 

Message 6 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Also, regarding the Amex Account, using the MyFico Search Tool, perform searches for both "Amex GW" and "Amex GW Success." Good luck with your mission!
Message 7 of 21
oneofayykind
New Contributor

Wow @SOGGIE thanks so much for this help! It's great starting points and I will get working on the GW letters you suggested and see what happens. I'll update this thread as I get responses.

Message 8 of 21
oneofayykind
New Contributor

@Anonymous Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Message 9 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@oneofayykind wrote:

Wow @SOGGIE thanks so much for this help! It's great starting points and I will get working on the GW letters you suggested and see what happens. I'll update this thread as I get responses.

You are quite welcome. Again, good luck with your credit repair journey!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.