I'm not sure which DV letters to use. Opinions?
LETTER NUMBER 1
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to an item found on my credit report(s). Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.
Please provide me with the following:
· What the money you say I owe is for;
· Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
· Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
· Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
· Identify the original creditor;
· Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
· Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
· Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent
If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information.
If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.
I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.
LETTER NUMER 2
To Whom It May Concern:This letter is regarding the account beginning 326xxxx in the amount of $50.00. This account was found to be reported as a negative item on my credit reports from all 3 bureaus. I was never aware of this debt and dispute the validity. Pursuant to § 809 of FDCPA, send me validation of this debt. Thank you,
Letter 1 is incorrect in requring validation wthin 30 days. There is no such requirement under FDCPA 809.