Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which collections should I pay first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which collections should I pay first?

So I have 5 CO's.  Which Collections should I pay first?  I have $1300 from a tax return check and $500 from another check so $1800 in total that I can use to pay debt collections.  Is anyone familiar with these collection agencies and successful with PFD? 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Which collections should I pay first?

PRA does PFD. It states it on their website. https://www.portfoliorecovery.com/prapay/help/faqs?td

Message 2 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Midland does PFD. It states it on their website. https://www.midlandfunding.com/faqs

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for that information good to know.  

Message 4 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot for that information good to know.  

You're welcome. Hopefully, more experienced members can address the other collection agencies.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson capital Systems-

Our policy is that we will request the credit bureaus delete the tradeline approximately 30 days after the final payment has been posted that resolves the account as paid in full or paid in full for less than the full balance.

My next question is, if they do a request a PFD in both cases, would it really matter if I PIF or PAID LESS than agreed if they delete the account completly know one would know if it was PIF or Less than Owed.  I'm almost tempted to settle for less and just have them delete it completely.  Does that logic make sense (cents)?  

Message 6 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I don't recollect exactly. However, I do recall reading if the account is 2 years or older, then settle for less is possible, depending on the collection agency. You might want to double check or wait for other member feedback.

Message 7 of 20
wa3more
Established Contributor

These are debt buyers and paid maybe 5 cents on the dollar so make a low offer. Ask them what they would take then offer lower. 

Message 8 of 20
alipz
New Contributor

I just dealt with Portfolio. My collections were a little older than yours but I was able to settle each of my 3 accounts for 30% of what I owed. They emailed the settlement offer and statement the trade lines would be deleted while I was on the phone with them. 

I know some have said not to give them your account info, but I paid them with my checking account after I received the letters. The debits from my account were what I agreed too. 

I have 2 with Midland, they agreed to 50% off one, and not budging on the other. So I haven't  resolved them yet. 

I haven't  dealt with the other collection agencies. 

Good Luck! 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the Information.  So I'm feeling good about this, I should be able to save some money atleast with 3 of the accounts settling for less as they will delete the collection completely.  I feel confident.  

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.