Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which companies would give you a credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which companies would give you a credit card

So i'm trying to rebuild my credit and I finally paid off some debt and my score rose but i guess not high enough because I can not get a credit card to help me rebuild my credit.... any sugguestion

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Which companies would give you a credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

So i'm trying to rebuild my credit and I finally paid off some debt and my score rose but i guess not high enough because I can not get a credit card to help me rebuild my credit.... any sugguestion

You will need to give more info then just paying off some debt, such as current fico scores, any baddiies, collections on your report, any current / open positive accounts, judgements, how many inquiries. If you can answer these questions, we can try to help you out.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 2 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Welcome to our little corner of the web

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

Start here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

Welcome, good luck, and be sure to ask plenty of questions.

Message 4 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Would need to have more info about your profile and scores to give you any good advice .
Message 5 of 8
BirchBarlow
Contributor

Even if your credit profile is too poor to qualify for a subprime card, you can still get a secured card without an AF i.e. Cap1, Citi, Discover, and I think BoA.  IMO a secured card would be more worthwhile than a store card because you would build a relationship with a major bank and secured cards can be graduated to regular CCs provided you always pay on time and in full.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Bank gave me a credit card a week after my bankruptcy discharged. Awful, shady, slimy unsecured card with tons of fees, but the one positive is that they gave me a card when no one else would even give me a secured card. After 6 months of payments, I got a no annual fee card at my local credit union and cancelled this foul smelling card.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Most obvious question, aside from scores, is who has turned you down?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.