Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which scenario will have the worst impact on CR

tag
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Which scenario will have the worst impact on CR

I'm faced with this situation on the first of two last baddies on my CR.  Need to know which one will hurt my report the most.

The creditor on my report is US Dept of Ed.  I have made them aware of incorrect reporting and they have now updated with even more derogs, and 3 months after paying it in full.  FPx2 and then a 120d late for November.  I was finally able to speak with someone at D of E and she is acknowledging that "something just doesn't look right."  Her words...  So, here's the way it' reporting now.

US Dept of Ed "installment loan" with terms of 36mo. opened in 2/2013.  DofD 12/2012.  36 mo on time mo payments from 7/2014-7/2017, then default on 8/2017 and FP thru 10/2018 and 120d for 11/2018.  I paid in full on 8/29/2018.  $183.00 (note:  I never made any of the payments posted.  This is an account from a Pell "overpayment" back in 2012.

The account should be reporting as a collection.  reported/opened 2/2013... $183...  paid in full in 8/2018.

I really need advice.  US Dept of Ed has and Equifax have caused me so much grief over this situation, I'm losing sleep over it.  I've disputed wtih both parties, filed compaint with CFPB on 11/6/2018, only to get a response on 11/19/2018 from Equifax that they are looking in to it.  THEN updating again with 120 day late last month 2 months AFTER paid in full.  I feel like that was done out of spite, honestly.

There are so many amazing members here that are much better at this credit deciphering than I will ever be.  I'm in need of your expertise!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Re: Which scenario will have the worst impact on CR

Bump.... Can any of our FICO experts help me.  PLEASE

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Wish I had an answer for you. What was the initial reason for the dispute. Sometimes filing a dispute will bring up more baddies than leaving it alone. @RobertEG can explain to a tee when he comes around. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Thanks Medic..... I just don't see how someone can list a "collection" as an installment loan, with showing 36 ontime payments, and then defaulting in 8/2017, when in fact this collection went to them in 2/2013.  It makes my report reflect a more recent derogatory than what it should be, I believe.  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.