Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which should I dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which should I dispute?

I'm trying to raise my score as high as I can in the next 4 months (currently TU-571/Equifax-552).  Should I dispute the following on my TU report, will it help or hurt my score in the next 4 months:

1)  Chase CC showing $1,119 balance, but was previously paid in full.  I already disputed this on my Experian report and had it corrected a year ago.

2)  The Travelers Bank showing $718 balance,  I paid a settlement amount with a different CA (Portfolio Recovery) back in 2007 for this old account.  Should this even be on my TU report since I've already paid a different CA for it?  or should I just dispute the balance since it should show $0?

3)  HSBC Bank showing late pays, the account was closed 12/2008 and late pays were reported on 01, 02, 03 of 2009.  Should I dispute these since account was closed?

Should I dispute the following on my Equifax report, will it help/hurt my score over the next 4 months:

1)  Midland CA showing current status as 120 days past due, shouldn't the status show paid collection or payment after charge off since I settled this account a few years back and have nothing owed or past due?

2)  Arrow Services CA showing current status as 120 days past due, same situation as Midland CA.

Please help!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Which should I dispute?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to raise my score as high as I can in the next 4 months (currently TU-571/Equifax-552).  Should I dispute the following on my TU report, will it help or hurt my score in the next 4 months:

1)  Chase CC showing $1,119 balance, but was previously paid in full.  I already disputed this on my Experian report and had it corrected a year ago. Is this a negative account? Just dispute with the other CRA's if they are not showing a Zero balance.

2)  The Travelers Bank showing $718 balance,  I paid a settlement amount with a different CA (Portfolio Recovery) back in 2007 for this old account.  Should this even be on my TU report since I've already paid a different CA for it?  or should I just dispute the balance since it should show $0? Travelers bank should be reporting a ZERO balance since they sold it, and you have since paid it.

3)  HSBC Bank showing late pays, the account was closed 12/2008 and late pays were reported on 01, 02, 03 of 2009.  Should I dispute these since account was closed? I wouldnt dispute, you should try writing a GW letter to HSBC.

Should I dispute the following on my Equifax report, will it help/hurt my score over the next 4 months:

1)  Midland CA showing current status as 120 days past due, shouldn't the status show paid collection or payment after charge off since I settled this account a few years back and have nothing owed or past due? You should be focused on getting these removed, send GW.

2)  Arrow Services CA showing current status as 120 days past due, same situation as Midland CA. You should be focused on getting this removed, send GW.

Please help!!!!!!!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

popo146 wrote:

1)  Chase CC showing $1,119 balance, but was previously paid in full.  I already disputed this on my Experian report and had it corrected a year ago. Is this a negative account? Just dispute with the other CRA's if they are not showing a Zero balance.

2)  The Travelers Bank showing $718 balance,  I paid a settlement amount with a different CA (Portfolio Recovery) back in 2007 for this old account.  Should this even be on my TU report since I've already paid a different CA for it?  or should I just dispute the balance since it should show $0? Travelers bank should be reporting a ZERO balance since they sold it, and you have since paid it.

How do you know it was sold to the CA?  Is the $718 the original balance or what is left after the settlement?

3)  HSBC Bank showing late pays, the account was closed 12/2008 and late pays were reported on 01, 02, 03 of 2009.  Should I dispute these since account was closed? I wouldnt dispute, you should try writing a GW letter to HSBC.

1)  Midland CA showing current status as 120 days past due, shouldn't the status show paid collection or payment after charge off since I settled this account a few years back and have nothing owed or past due? You should be focused on getting these removed, send GW.

I agree you should be trying a GW.  However, even though it is paid, they can still report the 120 days late as the worst delinquency.

2)  Arrow Services CA showing current status as 120 days past due, same situation as Midland CA. You should be focused on getting this removed, send GW.

Same answer as Midland.

Please help!!!!!!!

Message Edited by guiness56 on 03-10-2010 08:33 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reference to the Chase CC it's showing negative/charged off as bad debt.  That account went to a law firm, which I paid off the $1,119 in full back in 07 or 08, but I don't believe the law firm reported this information to the credit bureaus.  I had the Chase account corrected to show a $0 balance/paid on my Equifax report but this is the first time I've run a Transunion report.  (I didn't think to run all three reports a couple years ago.)

I'm sure the Travelers Bank ($718) bought this account from Portfolio Recovery because originally it was a Rooms to Go credit card account that went to Portfolio Recovery for collections and I settled with them for $502 back in 2007.  But now Traveler Bank popped up with the $718 balance TU report and the account number tracks back to Portfolio Recovery which tracks back to Room to Go.  Should the balance be disputed or should I dispute for deletion of the Travelers Bank altogether?

Also, can these collection agencies and original credit agencies report multiple 120 days past due after the account is closed?  I can deal with an agency reporting one 120 days past due since it was my bad, but should I try to get the other two or three they reported taken off.?

Thank you for your info!!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.