cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which should be my next course of action?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Which should be my next course of action?

Should you always send a validation letter first and then wait for their response? Or since it is already  on the report should I just try a PFD?  This is for a CA account.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

Re: Which should be my next course of action?



smooshiesmom wrote:
Should you always send a validation letter first and then wait for their response? Or since it is already  on the report should I just try a PFD?  This is for a CA account.



YOu need to know what your SOL is, then that will tell you whether you can DV or not! Only send DV when you are outside of SOL, unless you have the money for a lawsuit! You can still PFD too if you wanted!
 
 
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Re: Which should be my next course of action?

Do you actually owe a CO or CA money? If so, follow SBK's advice.
 
I would try DV.
 
IF you know you do owe them and the amount seems correct, try for PFD.
Message 3 of 5
Valued Contributor

Re: Which should be my next course of action?

You can DV..within or out of SOL...some would say not to...but some send DV letter as soon as they get collection letters...I would send a DV first..they try to PFD...if they validate...
Message 4 of 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which should be my next course of action?

This is to a CA.  It is for an old Cap 1 account that was sold to the CA.  The balance of my Cap 1 account is now reporting as 0 balance and sold.  I am not sure how to determine the SOL on this one.  It says date opened 7-01, date closed 5-05 and date of last activity 10-04.  So I guess I will try a PFD?  Should that be the best course?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.