Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which site to track score?

tag
Roxlie
Contributor

Which site to track score?

Hi folks, I read somewhere on here that most people use Score Watch to monitor the FICO score. If I understand correctly, it only reports EQ? Is there a better way to go or is Score Watch the best to go with?

Message Edited by Roxlie on 05-13-2008 11:28 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FICOfit
Contributor

Re: Which site to track score?

Scorewatch is the only one with real FICO scores.  Everywhere else is FAKO.  You can only monitor EQ on scorewatch, but you can purchase TU and EX if needed and they are the real scores.
05/19/08 TU: 703 EQ:717 EX:710

05/08 TU:660 EQ:710 EX:621
04/08 TU:654 EQ:671 EX:618
3/08 TU:608 EQ:624 EX:623
11/07 TU:564 EQ:555 EX: 560
Goal: 700 club by Dec 2008. Can it be done? Heck yeah!! It's done, let's keep it that way!
Message 2 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have read quite a few threads lately about how scorewatch doesn't always update you exactly when you'd expect it to.  Just another option to check into is getting all 3 reports thru true credit.  For about $15 per month, you can get a new report every 24 hrs.  You can at least monitor changes to the report for fairly cheap.  It gives you fako scores which are ok, but not to be totally relied upon.

I have it & so do a handful of others. Just another tool to use.

Mo
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
Roxlie
Contributor

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I think I'll go with that and just obtain real scores every quarter or something.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When using any of these above websites, do they "hurt" your credit or do inquiries? Or is it ok to use?

Right now I get some free credit profile thing with a FACO from WAMU online and reports only TU.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Sushi wrote:
When using any of these above websites, do they "hurt" your credit or do inquiries? Or is it ok to use?

Right now I get some free credit profile thing with a FACO from WAMU online and reports only TU.

Thanks!

No harm at all. Only soft inquiries are produced and they don't hurt you.

Actually WAMU offers a PFICO score which is real and used for credit card-emphasized scoring.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.