Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which to focus on first- checking account chargeoff or cc debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which to focus on first- checking account chargeoff or cc debt

I have about 8 credit cards, pretty much all maxed out about $10k. I started paying about $1500 a month towards those cards now. 

I have a checking account through chase that was a charge off like 2 years ago and owed $1300 at that time. I haven't paid this because I can't pay online or over the phone and having to walk into the bank to make a payment towards the $1300 feels embarassing but since I have the finances to do this, just need to know what to focus on.

Trying to increase my credit score. Currently at mid 500's.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Which to focus on first- checking account chargeoff or cc debt

Simple. Walk in the branch and pay it. Then it will show paid on the your CR. A whole lot better looking paid than owed. Keep paying down your debts. The lower the debt the higher the scores go up. Basically an easy fix. Stay determined and pay everything down like your doing now. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which to focus on first- checking account chargeoff or cc debt

@OP while I think right thing to do is pay the overdrafted checking. Are you sure chase is reporting on your credit report for that? I’m sure they reported to early warning systems but doubt credit report.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.