cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Did I "Marry??!" (aka Sign an Agreement With)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who Did I "Marry??!" (aka Sign an Agreement With)

Quick background - I ended up in the hospital for a long period of time last year, during which I became 90 days late on my Milestone Card. Never was late before, once I realized what happened I quickly got it current and haven't made a late payment in the year since.

The 90 day late is ruining our ability to get a loaf of bread so I've been trying to send goodwills and make phone calls on it...but I can't figure out who I'm actually dealing with?

I first called Milestone's main customer service line -completely unhelpful. I then looked at my agreement and tried Mid-America Banking and Trust, the only name on the credit card agreement I signed to get the card. After a lot of run around I was told to talk to Genesis Financial (?) who? who then denied my request to remove the late payment. I had never heard of them and they aren't listed on my credit report - so how can they have the authority to make decisions about my account?

Any insight into if this is something I can/should pursue or how to get Genesis/Milestone/Mid-America to help?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who Did I "Marry??!" (aka Sign an Agreement With)

Midamerica is the holder of the account (the insured bank backing it)

Genesis is the issuer of the card and the administrator of the account

Milestone is the name of the product

For all matters relating to the card, Genesis is the point of contact.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, actually all my persistence and questions worked out and got my issue escalated up to the right people. They graciously helped me resolve the 90 day issue and it has been updated to show never late. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got it, actually all my persistence and questions worked out and got my issue escalated up to the right people. They graciously helped me resolve the 90 day issue and it has been updated to show never late. 

Congratulations 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, proof that even dumb questions can get you the right answers Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I also have 2 late payments which are now current with genesis financial. Could you pm me the contact details you had? I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.