Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is Pressler and Pressler?

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Who is Pressler and Pressler?

My head is starting to pound as I type -  I just ordered my CRs because I am planning to apply for a Chase card again in a month - at least - that was the plan.  That has been tanked since I have an inquiry from Pressler and Pressler as of yesterday on the ONE CR Chase always pulls for me here in NY.  I am JUST out of BK - Just got off the phone with a local CU - that has agreed to remove my  old 30 day missed payments notices off my  CRs and now this!

The only collections I "owe" as far as I know is a judgment from Midland.  I have a horror story trying to deal with them - just like a lot of other people.  This started out with an Aspire Visa about 9 years ago - with a CL of about $400 -  I did miss some payments - and did try to work with them - but they were asking for more than twice my limit.  It went to collections as amount owed in excess of $1100 -  I called multiple times - and even disputed - the amount - I asked Midland to verify the account and prove that I owed so much money.  They did not. 

I was sued by them in 2009 and was gladly looking for my day in court -  I got all of my documentation - filled out the paperwork - took everything to the court - mailed a copy to Midland - maybe there attorneys.  Two weeks passed - and I heard nothing from the court.  I posted something here - and someone suggested that I might have had a judgment against me and I should call.  That was exactly the case - I was told that the judgment was for the plaintiff simply because I did not provide proof that I sent my documentation off to Midland.

I drove to the court with the certified mail receipt and was told that it was too late - the judgment would stand.  So there it is reporting from 5/09 @ $1128.   I never denied owing Aspire money - What I have always questioned was the AMOUNT - and no one could ever verify to me that I owed this amount.   To top it off -  I got this judgment for the most asinine reason - I mean - I still cannot believe what the heck happened.   Since then, my attitude has been that they  have won their court case - and by law they are entitled to the money - but I am not going to voluntarily fork over $1128 to these people.   I figure if they had the right to take it, and they would and I would just move on.

Now, I see Pressler and Pressler is tracking my credit report - and I can only assume that this is what all of the tracking is about.  I will have to dig out my paperwork ; I hope I did not just toss it in frustration.   Any ideas about what I can do with all of this?   Thanks 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Who is Pressler and Pressler?

Wasn't the judgement included in your BK? P&P is most likely the attorney for Midland.
Message 2 of 4
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@Countingpennies wrote:
Wasn't the judgement included in your BK? P&P is most likely the attorney for Midland.

No - I got this Aspire Visa post bankruptcy, I am pretty sure.  It was so long ago - BK was in 2003.  Maybe I need to go to the County Clerk and see what all is in the BK file.  I just got off the phone with a woman at the Clerk's office who said she does not have access to the entire Midland case  since it was 2009 when Midland attempted to sue me - but that it clearly showed that I submitted a response in a timely manner.   She said P and P was not the attorney at the time - and they have not received anything from them, but most likely P & P has purchased or is trying to purchase the account. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 4
gregcurryesq
Established Member

Can you tell us what the local court was for the Midland case? Go to the local court or county clerk (whoever has it) in person and pull your file to see what's in there.

Also, your bankruptcy file is in federal court, not with the county clerk. You'd have to go to the federal court where it was filed and pull the file (if that's even possible, since all federal courts now require electronic filing--though as of 2003, your file might be in hard copy form). And a hard copy file from 2003 might be archived somehwere off-site from the federal courthouse. That just means you'd have to request it and wait a few days to get it. Bankruptcy cases (after a certain date) are available online, but you have to set up an account with the federal court system and pay per page view. 

Long Island, NY. **The views expressed by me on this site are my opinions only, are not intended to constitute legal advice, should not be relied on as legal advice, and are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship.**
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.