cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is "AXIANT " and can they keep filing inquiries??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is "AXIANT " and can they keep filing inquiries??

Does anyone know who AXIANT  is?   I've never received anything from them via phone or mail but they have 4 inquiries on my credit report.  And 2 of them are 2 days apart and the other two are subsequent months later.  Is it legal for some random company to make inquiries?  I haven't applied for any credit yet I have 4 hard inquiries on my report.  I've disputed it with the CRA but they didn't remove them.

Someone help.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who is "AXIANT " and can they keep filing inquiries??

Google is your friend:

http://www.axiant.com/

They are a collection agency.  There is dissenting opinion on whether a CA can do a hard pull.  Either way I think 4 pulls in a few months is excessive and serves no other purpose than to damage your credit. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like they're fishing . . .

Looking for you to start repairing/rebuilding, so they can make it worse.  Anything out there floating around that might have landed with Axiant?

Are you saying they're doing hard pulls or soft pulls?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Yeah, I knew they were a collection agency but I thought maybe someone knew which creditors they work with.  They are HARD PULLS and two were only 2 days apart.  I posted my story before but the short version is I live in Paris and have for many many years.  While I was in Paris my mother was getting credit cards with my SSN.  Fortunately, I've been able to remove most of them but some companies won't remove them without taking legal action against my mother which I won't do.

This was many years ago so fortunately they will be dropping off my report at the end of next year.  I never knew about this until earlier this year when I decided to check my credit reports.   Even with all of that the scores jumped up to 702 on Equifax and 709 with TransUnion but it was over 800 before I moved to Paris. 

Any one have any advice how to get these Axiant hardpulls off my report?

Message 4 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Whatever State they're based in....I'd file a complaint w/ the AG's office.  Be sure to include the printout of all their INQ.

That's crap.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bungalow

Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll do that and also report them to the Better Business Bureau.  Hopefully that solves things. Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, do any of you experts have a good template letter to use for collection agencies that do hard pulls?  Any type of cease and desist and delete from my report type letters?  Thanks.
Message 7 of 10
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Searh for a non-PP letter and modify and send one out to them.
Message 8 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fused,

Thanks.  You are very kind to post it.  All of you on this forum are wonderful people.  I appreciate your help. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.