Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's judging?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's judging?

I have this questions I know you great fico addicts can help me with.  I have an account that is a public record/ judgement from a company called Metro Portfolio Inc.  They have an attorney listed as Cohen & Slamowitz.  Cohen & Slamowitz ownd another account which I paid off.  I asked them to verify who Metro Portfolio is and they have not validated this debt.  I was never served for either cases they had however, I knew one account was mine, and I owened my error and paid them.  I knew they had this account when I called to settle the other.  On my CR the law firm is not listed. I want to get this out of Judgement. I have no knowledge of this debt.  Does anyone have any advice for me.  Please I want to clear up this credit spill.  Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who's judging?

If you have no knowledge of it...did you dispute it through the CRA..as not mine...for the paid collection...did you contact the lawyer...and see if he would give you a "Release of Judgment"...or vacate the judgment...so you can get it removed...otherwise..you would have to wait the 10 years...I don't think you can DV a judgment...you would have to go to the courts..and get more info...to prove it's not yours...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what I have done.   I have DV'd with the attorney since I knew they had they account.  (For Metro Portfolio)  I haven't gotten any validation as of yet.  I sent it CMRRR.  I sent it to the agent who I was in contact with, One of the partners of the firm and another agent who I was in contact with initially.  I also disputed with the CRAas not mine and yes it keeps coming back as verified.  I am 90% sure this is not my account.  How can I get this company to provide more info if they are saying it belongs to me?

For the paid collection I didnt know I could get them to vacate or release the judgement thanks I will try that on Monday.  Is there a letter I should send or should I just call them. 
Thanks sly!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that every time that you file a dispute that it will update if not removed. This can hurt your scores.
Check your state law for being served ....you might be able to get it vacated because you were never served.

ONLY send this letter IF something is not accurated............if the service was not down by law I would NOT dispute it   I would first try to get it vacated!

You must first determine if you have an actual filed, entered and recorded judgment.
Just because there is an entry on your credit report of a judgment does NOT necessarily mean that you actually have a recorded judgment. Sometimes, the CRA's will report the CASE-FILE where you were sued, together with the statement that a default judgment was issued, when in fact the case was never completed, and there is NO "real" judgment on record.
Your first step is to either go on line or go to the Court and obtain a copy of the RECORDED JUDGMENT. This is NOT the same as getting a copy of the case-file. Most Counties will have it available on line under RECORDED DOCUMENTS.
If you have a RECORDED judgment, get a CERTIFIED copy from the Court. Examine it very carefully for ANY discrepancy between what is on your reports and what has been recorded.
If you find a discrepancy, or if you find that you have NO actual recorded judgment, you can send the following dispute letter to the CRA's.

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
My report # is xxxxx.
There is no such judgment of record # xxxx from this Court for this date for this amount from this creditor.
I have certified documentation from the Court that supports my dispute of this erroneous entry on my report.
If this entry is verified, please send me the name and address of the provider or furnisher providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

Very truly yours,

xxxxxx

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.