Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who to PFD?

I have an account that is in collections. Should I PFD the CA or the OC or both? I have been paying the CA over the past few months and now they want to settle on the amount currently due which is great for me. Would they be able to approve a PFD before I made the last payment or do I need to ask the OC for the PFD?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who to PFD?

sunshyne4u wrote:
I have an account that is in collections. Should I PFD the CA or the OC or both? I have been paying the CA over the past few months and now they want to settle on the amount currently due which is great for me. Would they be able to approve a PFD before I made the last payment or do I need to ask the OC for the PFD?

It's always better to work with the OC if you are able. Are they both reporting?

It's possible to send PFD to the OC and ask they recall it from the CA. I have had OC's also give me a settlement and a delete.

Are you making payments and have you even sent a DV to this CA? SOL? State all that good stuff  Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's always better to work with the OC if you are able. Are they both reporting?

It's possible to send PFD to the OC and ask they recall it from the CA. I have had OC's also give me a settlement and a delete.

Are you making payments and have you even sent a DV to this CA? SOL? State all that good stuff

The OC is reporting and the CA. I have been making monthly payments to the CA.  It was still well within SOL.  The CA wants me to pay about 75% of the remaining balance on August 31.  So do you think the best thing to do is just send the OC a PFD and let them know how much I have paid and then if I dont get a response just PFD the CA. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, since it is still SOL and you have been paying the CA already, I would ask if the CA will delete upon final payment. It still leaves you with the OC reporting and you can try to GW them to see if they will help you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.