Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my credit score drop :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did my credit score drop :(

I'm working so hard to build my credit - this morning my IH visa reported to Tansunion and it dropped 3 points Smiley Sad why Smiley Sad I know it's only 3 points but I've busted my butt for every single point I've gained. Am I freaking out for no reason?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did my credit score drop :(

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm working so hard to build my credit - this morning my IH visa reported to Tansunion and it dropped 3 points Smiley Sad why Smiley Sad I know it's only 3 points but I've busted my butt for every single point I've gained. Am I freaking out for no reason? YES!

Not sure where you're getting your scores from but I can tell you that many events that I thought would produce positive results either have 0 impact or a slight negative one. I can't figure out the ups and downs of the scoring process either. You have to know that this is a marathon. The sprinters often fall off along the way. As Napoleon said "victory belongs to the most persevering".

I often get an alert that something has changed in my reports only to go there and find that paying down an acct drops my score or adding a new acct the same. All in all I am slowly working up but it feels like 3 steps forward - 2 steps back.

Hang in there and consider that these same things happen to those with outstanding reports.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did my credit score drop :(

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm working so hard to build my credit - this morning my IH visa reported to Tansunion and it dropped 3 points Smiley Sad why Smiley Sad I know it's only 3 points but I've busted my butt for every single point I've gained. Am I freaking out for no reason?

Opening a new account will lower your average age of accounts, and that may cause a drop in score. 3 points lost today may be 10 points gained tomorrow. Keep an eye on the big picture.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.