Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did she have to be so nice?

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Why did she have to be so nice?

Got a letter this am from the OC i just paid for med coll.  This OC has written me back every time with hand written letters and is sooo nice.  She stated that she has e-mailed the CA with the updated info and enclosed a copy.  This is what the e-mail says: 
Mr. Southerfico has made a payment in full to account #1234.  He  also owes $X dollars on acct #4567 and will be paying us for that next week.  He is trying to clean up his credit.  Please update the credit bureau.
Okay, what do yall think? 
Do I send the Hippa letter next or DV cmrrr the CRA?

Message Edited by southernficoaddict on 08-06-2008 06:19 AM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did she have to be so nice?

@southernficoaddict wrote:
Got a letter this am from the OC i just paid for med coll.  This OC has written me back every time with hand written letters and is sooo nice.  She stated that she has e-mailed the CA with the updated info and enclosed a copy.  This is what the e-mail says: 
Mr. Southerfico has made a payment in full to account #1234.  He  also owes $X dollars on acct #4567 and will be paying us for that next week.  He is trying to clean up his credit.  Please update the credit bureau.
Okay, what do yall think? 
Do I send the Hippa letter next or DV cmrrr the CRA?

Message Edited by southernficoaddict on 08-06-2008 06:19 AM

I dunno ... she DOES sound nice. She didn't HAVE to say that she'd delete, either. She could have made you "work for it."

Are you in a position to wait a few days and see if it updates to GONE??

I think you have "hand" in the situation, but again, she's been nice about it. So I think that even if you want and see if she does it on her own, and she DOESN'T, all you've wasted was a wee bit of time.

And if she DOES do it on her own (without the HIPAA letter), you'll have reaffirmed your trust in "man." Which, when you're dealing with scummy CAs all the time during the credit rebuilding/repair process, is a HUGE, GOOD thing!!

Darlin', use your heart on this one. I would.

*crossing fingers, toes, and eyes!!!*

HUGS!!!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa!! Is she offering to DELETE the TL or just update as PIF???

Now, I'm confused!!!!
Message 3 of 12
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure, can sort of be taken either way, can't it?  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Message 4 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

How many days ago did the OC receive letter #2 with your payment?
Message 5 of 12
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Well, I didn't send the Hippa letter with the payment.  I was just going to wait until the check cleared (which it did in a couple of days) and then send the Hippa letter.  Did I mess up? 

Also.... I was looking at a copy of the e-mail that I mentioned earlier and I saw the CA's reply back to her, It said "Thanks for the payment, will get it posted"   Do you think the OC cashed the check and sent the money in to CA?  If the OC deposited the check does it even matter that they sent the money to the CA?  After all I did pay the OC, not the CA.  I have never contacted the CA.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

southernficoaddict wrote:
Well, I didn't send the Hippa letter with the payment.  I was just going to wait until the check cleared (which it did in a couple of days) and then send the Hippa letter.  Did I mess up? 

Also.... I was looking at a copy of the e-mail that I mentioned earlier and I saw the CA's reply back to her, It said "Thanks for the payment, will get it posted"   Do you think the OC cashed the check and sent the money in to CA?  If the OC deposited the check does it even matter that they sent the money to the CA?  After all I did pay the OC, not the CA.  I have never contacted the CA.

Is there any way you can see if the check has cleared your bank.  We have "online banking" which is a true blessing, in more ways than one.  We can see the front and back of a check once it is processed by our bank. 

Also, my DDs debit card was stolen and unauthorized charges placed on the card.  We knew the card was being used within minutes of the unauthorized transactions, which totalled $166.77 within one hour of my accidentally dropping the card in a local parking lot.  Fortunately the entire incident...from my dropping the card, the "girl" picking the card up, her use of the card at two different business establishments was all caught on the video recorders at the three businesses that accepted the unauthorized transactions. 

For those of you that do not have or do not use "online banking" I strongly encourage you to utilize this service if you bank offers it.  If not, try to bank with a bank that does offer this service....it is invaluable.
Message 7 of 12
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

The check cleared within a couple of day of me sending it.  The CA's response to the OC (in the e-mail) was "thanks for the payment, I'll post it"  I am going to the bank tomorrow to get a copy of the check.  Won't take but a minute. 

Looking on the bright side, I now have a specific name and e-mail addy of someone to drive up the wall for a deletion if i did screw it up.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southern, have you thought of just calling her and asking her to clarify?

You could always use the excuse of "You just don't understand." and you could also probably tell her that you're trying to qualify for a mortgage and that you're just so desperate to get this TL deleted!!

I don't think she'd mind. And even if she wasn't going to delete it altogether, I bet that would get her to DO it!!

No one wants to stand in the way of someone buying a home. At least, not someone who put so much effort into being nice!!
Message 9 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

southernficoaddict wrote:

You're fine...this is just like any other paid collection to the OC. You have not lost your rights or protection.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.