cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my husband's credit score so decent when he has an installment loan charge off???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is my husband's credit score so decent when he has an installment loan charge off???

he opened the acct 12/07. The first 30day past due was 6/09. Account was charged off  12/09..SOL for arizona is 6 years I believe

Message 11 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is my husband's credit score so decent when he has an installment loan charge off???

I think what Shogun was trying to tell you is that because that score you got from Experian is not a true Experian FICO score you don't really know if his score is decent or not. Non-FICO scores can often be much higher or lower than a FICO score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there...

I'm so confused about something. My husband's credit score is so decent (681) for having a 10k charge off from an auto loan. There was a second auto loan that he stopped paying in 2008, yet that one says it was satisfactorily closed, he NEVER settled or did anything with that account, he just simply stopped paying. What the heck? Its been 2 years since anything has been reported on that 2nd loan.

back to the first loan,  how can my husband's credit be a 681 with a 10k$ charge off that's only 1.5 years old??

It's hard to say.  Is there any other negative things on his CR?

Could you post a screen shot of the 2 TLs.  Leave out personal information.

Message 13 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Exactly Marinevet..  Thanks!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

no other negative accts...but a charge off that high is serious...

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh and by the way, the 2nd loan was also for about 10k....so i cant imagine how they'd make such a big mistake

Message 16 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

These are not reporting as auto loans, they are reporting as revolving credit, like a credit card.

There are no CAs reporting for the CO?

I can't say what is going on but I don't think I would rock the boat by asking.

It could turn out much, much worse.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they were motorcycle loans, I'm not sure why they're showing as charge accts.

and I dont understand all the abbreviation lingo here so I'm not sure what else you were saying, lol

Message 18 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Have you pulled your free annual credit reports?  They may contain different information as that posted here, also just because it says one thing on one CRA doesn't mean it says it on all.  I would pull your free reports and see what's officially on your reports.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Lol.  Look at the sticky in my signature Common Abbreviations.  That will help you.

I asked if there was a collection agency reporting the amount of the charge off.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.