Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isnt my score going up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why isnt my score going up?

I have 3 credit cards and a self lender loan and a mjc account with all positive payment history and my credit karma score went up to 619 but my fico 8 score is still at 555 on experian. I don't know why I can't get my fico 8 score to improve. Anyone know why it won't go up?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why isnt my score going up?

you didn't give enough info. how old is each account and what bad things are on your reports.

make sure you are keeping good utilization percentages on each individiual card and always pay on time and your score will eventually and slowly go up.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 collections for a hospital bill and my student loan will be out of default in 4 months.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

when these bad marks are entirely gone your score will shoot up like a rocket, that's why if you can get them removed early you should do it. but the older they become the less they affect your score.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From your other post it seems you have a few cards with lower limits. Stop using Fingerhut. It serves it purpose just being on your report and they will never close your account for non use. On your credit cards keep the utilization below 8%. Meaning use them as you wish but pay them off before they report. Do not let more than 8% report to the credit bureaus. This will be the most help to your scores while they are being held down with the student loans and collection.

Get the collection paid if you can so it will stop updating. Try a “pay for delete”. If you have time and patience you can try the HIPAA method (Google “HIPPA collections”). 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the wisdom and advice. I appreciate it
Message 6 of 11
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Seems like aging that derogatory is your best bet.
NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 7 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 3 credit cards and a self lender loan and a mjc account with all positive payment history and my credit karma score went up to 619 but my fico 8 score is still at 555 on experian. I don't know why I can't get my fico 8 score to improve. Anyone know why it won't go up?

555 is low based on what you said, just one collection and student loan in default

You sure there are no late payments ever,  and no charge offs? 

What  is the utilization like  on the cards you have? 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the student loan has 12 missed payments. In hoping they will go away after I get out of default. I only have 1 collections and 1 charge off
Message 9 of 11
pgtackle2003
Frequent Contributor

Just for your info, the missed late payments do not go away after you're out of default. I have read of some people getting lucky and getting the tradeline removed but that is pretty rare. I rehabbed my student loans about 3 years ago and my original tradeline with late/missed payments still exists. I will have this on my CR for about another 3 years.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.